Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Feedback Suppression - Other Monitors

I will have to throw in a few extra non-Line 6 monitors at a gig. How will this work in terms of the feedback suppression feature in M20D? 

Should I keep the non-Line 6 monitors on a separate monitor output or is it ok to mix them?

Hi there,

The FBS on the M20d is preset related. So for example the Acoustic Guitar direct preset has no FBS, but the Acoustic Guitar mic'd preset has the FBS enabled. The FBS on the mixer is completely independent from what speakers you are using for PA/Monitors. Other posts suggest to turn of FBS on the Line6 speakers if you are using it on the M20d.

The FBS works on the input and so it covers any any all speakers that the input is assigned to.  That said if your other monitors are significantly different then they could be the ones causing the feedback to occur.

If you can spare an additional output bus then assigning it separately would give your the ability to EQ them separately.  This may or may not make a difference, but it is the most flexible.

Hi tochiro,

SO far as I am aware, it is a limitation of channels 13-16 only (Line level channels) and the preset you've likely selected is one aimed at channel 13-16.

If you use your acoustic guitar in to channels 1-12 (where FBS is available) it shouldn't make any difference whether you input on a 1/4" TRS jack or an XLR. Plug in to channel 1-12 and load the XLR version of the preset (not available on channels 13-16 and FBS should be there for you.

Hi SiWatts,

it´s not a question of pluggin in XLR or 1/4", it´s a matter of the preset.

Our guitarist has a Martin with build-in microphone. Initially I had put up a "acoustic guitar direct" preset for him. I was desperately looking for the FBS, but it wasn´t there. Indeed, it was when I changed to "Acoustic guitar mic´d". Which makes sense if you think about it. Why should a piezo alone have a FBS enabled, because most of the time the feedback is created by microphones ( Which is the fact in my particular case, because the Feedback is driven by the built-in microphone on the guitar). 

You are right when it comes to plugging it in from channels 1-12 or 13-16, I think.

Hi bassman24... Thought that's what I'd said, just in different words! ;-) "it shouldn't make any difference whether you input on a 1/4" TRS jack or an XLR" BUT you will only get presets with FBS on channels 1-12.