Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Selector Switch

When I switch from modelled to magnetic pickups on my JTV59 the mags are often silent until I switch between pickups a couple of times. The same happens sometimes when switching between mags.  If this were a regular guitar I'd spray some switch cleaner onto, and then exercise, the pickup selector switch.  Is it OK to do that on the JTV?  Alternatively - does anyone else have this issue or any other suggestions?  I'm reluctant to send it fro service but suspect there may be no other option.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks

Mine was doing that same thing ( solved via an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and trip to Line6 Service )  - and the typical path for repair is to contact Line6 for a support ticket -this is a typical issue with early JTV-59's 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/458044.html
Line 6 50-02-9331
3 Way Toggle Switch for JTV-59
OUR PART #  50-02-9331  $21

This part is often the source of problems for JTV-59 owners, this is the latest version and good to have as spare! Should you "get broke down and stuck in Lodi again" 

195794.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue on my JTV-59. When using the mag pups the switch is ropey ! Sometimes the neck pup is silent until switching to the bridge then back again.

Is it as simple as taking it to a local guitar shop to fix? Can't be bothered with trying to deal with returning it the online shop I bought it from if at all possible?

Thanks

Is it as simple as taking it to a local guitar shop to fix? Can't be bothered with trying to deal with returning it the online shop I bought it from if at all possible?

Thanks

Most Guitar shops I know need to guarantee their work, as a result if they are not already a pre-approved Line 6 Service Center, most Guitar shops are very hesitant to work on the Variax.

Stevekc -- Hey man, thanks for the link! I just ordered the 3-way switch to have on hand, plus model selector knobs for my 59 & 69S. Haven't had them break, but I'm an engineer, and like to plan for contingencies!! Those are reasonable prices for some specialty items!

Dave