Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New SVpre by Meris

spaceatl

Yo Terry...The SV-Pre is still going strong as is the old MK1....I have a MK2...might try epoxying one in if you do a run...

-spaceatl

Thanks Space!

Good to hear from you man. And good to hear the SVpre and MK1 are still going strong.

I'd make sure this new board will fit in MK2s as well :)

-terry

Count me in sir...Would love to do that to my MK2 112...Need to do the rear bias points and pots mod anyway on that one....It's overdue...If you need my contact info again, just PM me here...

Great! Thanks for your support.

Anyone who is interested in getting a new SVpre for a MK1 or MK2 please contact me here: http://meris.us/contact

I'll respond personally to everyone who does.

-terry

Meris -

I was talking to Spaceatl about the SVPre mod and how it made such a difference for the SV amps and was wondering if such a mod would be a good idea for the DT amps.  He seemed to think that the input boards are much better in the DT's so maybe not needed but the gain voicings and the 12AX7 as buffer before conversion might add some more awesomeness to our DT's.

If you ever think about doing one I would be in for it and I bet a lot of other DT owners would be too.  I have a feeling there are a lot more DT's out there than SV's but I could be wrong.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Meris -

I was talking to Spaceatl about the SVPre mod and how it made such a difference for the SV amps and was wondering if such a mod would be a good idea for the DT amps.  He seemed to think that the input boards are much better in the DT's so maybe not needed but the gain voicings and the 12AX7 as buffer before conversion might add some more awesomeness to our DT's.

If you ever think about doing one I would be in for it and I bet a lot of other DT owners would be too.  I have a feeling there are a lot more DT's out there than SV's but I could be wrong.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

If I were to venture a guess i'd say it's very possible. Although I've never seen the input section of a DT series amp as of yet.

-terry

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

At the end of February, I contacted Meris by email, and discussed bringing my amp to them when it was ready (since I live close to their facility). At that time the response was '...The new SVpre should be ready within a couple of months at most.'

I'm still waiting for an update.

Anybody heard anything?

Hey Guys,

As you might know, Line6 has discontinued the spider valve line since this thread was started. As such we've had to re-evaluate the product direction. Rest assured it's still in progress but will take a little longer that we had originally hoped. Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to email us: meris.us/contact

-terry

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

As you might know, Line6 has discontinued the spider valve line since this thread was started. As such we've had to re-evaluate the product direction. Rest assured it's still in progress but will take a little longer that we had originally hoped. Thanks for your patience! Please feel free to email us: meris.us/contact

-terry

don't stop developing the new SVPre, pleeeeze!

I hope you'll even provide a full DIY installation procedure, when ready and on -sale.

keep us up-to-date with the project course.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my brother snag up a svmki for me 2 days ago. Paid $50 because the seller said it powered up but had no sound. Speaker was unplugged. Lol Any how, I'm very interested in this mod from Meris!!! Hope it happens soon!

P.S. any idea how much they will cost? Just an estimate so I know about how much much longer I'm gonna be on Maggie's farm? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hollatchaboy72 ...

I think your post on 01 Jun 16 might be right on the money? It is SUCH a small market I doubt there is much if any incentive for Meris to pursue this? Supposition on my part I grant you, but it just "feels" dead? I did get an email from Terry (aka Meris) on inquiry back in March 2015 but ... that was 18 months ago and nada has happened so as they say in business, be careful about buying stocks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Old thread, I realize, but in case anyone is still interested...

There's really not that much variation in how you'd design a pre-amp stage with a single 12AX7.  If anybody is interested, comment back and I'll post a schematic.  I can't say exactly what values the original SVPre switched in and out with his different color coded configuration switches, but I can guess what circuit elements he was playing with.  You could build one and swap parts til you get the sound you like, or put switches in with a range of possible values.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...