#21 lowblowjoe

lowblowjoe

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Tried everything suggested, no go.

Worked fine with WinXP Pro. Now with Win8 it pops, clicks, and audio stops/starts at random times.

Seems to be worse when doing multiple things but my system isn't underpowered. Quad-core and 8GB RAM.. also i think 750Watt power supply.

Onboard audio works just fine, it's just the UX2 clicking away. How long has this been going on and they havent fixed or updated anyone that opened similar support tickets?

#22 vito26

vito26

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

There is a driver update in july 2013 but it doesn't solve the problem for win 8 damn :(

Also there is this tips : http://line6.com/sup...148255?tstart=0

It worked with me for 2 hours and audio stops again ><

ps : i can't answer to this guy

#23 jamcorrad

jamcorrad

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have the same problem, sound freezes when using either toneport UX2 or Guitarport. Farm or Farm 2.5 does not have to be running. I have

Windows 8 64 bit

USB 2.0

Nothing has worked. I was dual booting into Windows 7 and everything works as it should. I recently downloaded the newest drivers and tried again. Still doesn't work. It's not my system it's something either Microsoft did with audio in Windows 8 or it's a Line 6 issue. One thing I noticed that Windows 8 does with audio that other versions of Windows didn't do was when you unplug your speakers the speaker icon x's out and disables audio. 

#24 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4577 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

I know it's a huge PITA, but you if you haven't already, you should submit a support ticket.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

One thing I noticed that Windows 8 does with audio that other versions of Windows didn't do was when you unplug your speakers the speaker icon x's out and disables audio. 

My Windows 7 machine actually does that.

#25 vito26

vito26

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

I opened a ticket and they said me "the ux2 is for DAO use, use your audio card for windows audio "   LOL u_u

#26 lowblowjoe

lowblowjoe

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Their simple answer is "we dont know what it is so we will make up things so we dont have to try and fix"

Recording with the UX2 inserts the popping, clicking, and stopped audio in the tracks. And playback is even worse with any output on the UX2. Never had any of these problems with WinXp.

Pretty dissappointed in the way Line6 is handling this and makes me rethink purchasing anymore of their products.

I opened a ticket and they said me "the ux2 is for DAO use, use your audio card for windows audio "   LOL u_u

#27 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4577 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

That does sound like a poor answer. In their defense, Win8 is sorta cr@p right now.

Pooping Popping and clicking and bursts of white noise are almost always interruptions in the USB bitstream and the problem is hard to track down due to the gazzilion combinations of hardware in pc's.

If you haven't read it already check out this doc.

http://line6.com/sup...roubleshooting/

Also, I have seen users report some success by specifically disabling their Win8 pc's integrated soundcard and selecting the UX as your device.

And for sound drop outs many times it is a WIN8 power setting.

Edited by Triryche, 20 August 2013 - 04:03 AM.
correct spelling. LMAO!!

#28 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

+1 - - - This

That does sound like a poor answer. In their defense, Win8 is sorta cr@p right now.

Pooping and clicking and bursts of white noise are almost always interruptions in the USB bitstream and the problem is hard to track down due to the gazzilion combinations of hardware in pc's.

If you haven't read it already check out this doc.

http://line6.com/sup...roubleshooting/

Also, I have seen users report some success by specifically disabling their Win8 pc's integrated soundcard and selecting the UX as your device.

And for sound drop outs many times it is a WIN8 power setting.

#29 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14880 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

FYI... line6 isnt handling this at all you never asked them to... this is a user forum....

if you want line6 to help go here: http://line6.com/support/tickets/

Pretty dissappointed in the way Line6 is handling this and makes me rethink purchasing anymore of their products.

#30 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4577 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

The more support tickets they receive, the more info they will have to go on.

#31 Nootch

Nootch

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Same problem here. I opened a ticket.

I like to add some things:

After the problem occurs, tuxguitar and iTunes crash, when I want to close them

Browser plugins like flash-player crash on loading (youtube for example)

lollipop problem. I have it on my desktop and my notebook -.-

#32 Nootch

Nootch

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

"Our driver was not designed to stream system audio as a primary sound card. It was designed to be used as a ASIO driver within a audio recording application, therefore I would suggest to use your internal sound card instead for system playback/streaming audio. "

That's it ^^

#33 jamcorrad

jamcorrad

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

That's what I was told when I created a ticket. That is not a solution but an excuse to avoid the problem. I been using Line 6 since the they came out with GuitarPort and each Windows upgrade had issues in the beginning. I just set up my system to dual boot into Windows 7 when I want to use my UX2 or Guitarport and everything works fine. Windows 8 the sound crashes with the external devices. I agree with another post that I have seen on the internet that other devices are having the same issues. Until Windows fixes whatever is causing this the dual boot is my best option for now.

#34 mikepollmann

mikepollmann

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Hey guys- just noticed this thread.

I was having popping noises on my Pod GX as well in Windows 8.  I've been able to get rid of them completely doing two things:

1) Use ASIO4ALL for drivers to programs, rather than ASIO GX or Toneport directly.  

2) When static occurs, restart the "Base Filtering Engine" in Windows services.  I have no idea why this works, but it does.

Hope this helps.

#35 vito26

vito26

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

You think windows can handle the audio4all to use the ux2  during music playing etc ?

#36 happygotgun

happygotgun

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

same problem, not even spotify works. Headphones and it stops, clicks etc every 15-20 seconds.... also tried the power (and there it went again ;O) thing and usb connection... frustrating..   just bought a ACER NOTEBOOK V3-772G-747A121TMAKK, AND THEN NOTHING WORKS...

#37 vito26

vito26

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

I went back to Windows 7, problem skipped =)

#38 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

In Win7 there is a possible issue (I have read about this in forums from others using a Tascam interface like I have) when the interface is being used for all sounds, (not when recording) in that all internet sounds get routed to a buffer, which eventually fills up, cutting out the sound until the computer is rebooted (which empties the buffer).  Sounds like it may be the same problem.

#39 Ruben2

Ruben2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hi,

I have found a workaround for playing music... Maybe for some of you it was already clear, but the main issue seems to be with the DirectSound driver.
I'm using Musicbee as my main music player now where you have the possibility to choose the driver..
I switched it from DirectSound to ASIO and magic.. the problem is gone. Left it playing music for 48hours... it did not freeze one time.
Switched back to DirectSound and within 5 minutes it froze... without restarting the PC I simply switched it back to ASIO and problem gone again..
Does anybody have some ideas for a similar workaround for other windows audio (browser etc..)?

Then just some random thoughts/questions related to this issue:

Is this is really an issue with the line6 DirectSound driver or could it be a problem with the DirectSound api's on windows 8?
Is there someone out here who knows more about which DirectX version is supported by the line 6 drivers?
In theory it should be:
Windows 7 -> DirectX 11.0
Window 8 -> DirectX 11.1
Upcoming Windows 8.1 -> DirectX 11.2 -> if the issue is within the DirectSound api's, maybe this upgrade will solve the issue? But will there ever be a line 6 driver released for windows 8.1?

As a side note, did anyone noticed this page:
Many devices are now legacy and from january 2014 we'll have to pay to get help with this ongoing issue?

Cheers

#40 CC51

CC51

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I have a HP Windows 8 system, UX 2 and Reaper always works, but the media players sound disappears!! only "restarts" seemed to make the media players work again.

I uninstalled drivers, and just now tried to disable the USB setting as mentioned above and hopefully this is the fix.

I tried numerous Media players all had the same issue.

On my system the songs, MP3 would play and the everything seemed fine except the UX 2 was silent. Then I checked the recording side and everytime this worked well....It is NOT the UX2 or Reaper DAW.

This is a Windows 8 issue. 64 or 32 I dont know. Its a major pain in the ask... Sometimes the audio plays for 20seconds sometimes for a hour or so.

I left the pc sitting for 10hrs and it didn't work when I came back and tried to play a MP3. (The internet was turned off the entire time. So its NOT the internet either and Not a Update issue)

This seems to be a power setting issue and most likely USB port related, driver or sleep setting? I don't know.

I put the USB power setting to  High Performance and USB setting to DISABLE, as mentioned above.

The good news is the Reaper and UX2 always work fine and all my MP3 can be played back in Reaper! No problem. 

This also makes me think the ASIO works and the media players /USB is the issue via Windows 8.

My daughter hates Windows 8 so much she bought a Apple for the first time. If Microsoft trys charging me to fix their problems ....I'll be buying a MacBook too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, win8, ux2, audio, restart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users