One customer has replied that the following steps have helped with this problem. Please give the following a try and let me know if the performance has changed: - Press the Windows Key on you keyboard to access the Start Windows screen. - Right Click an empty space and select 'All Apps' from the bottom right hand corner. - Scroll over to the far right of the App screen and under Windows System, select 'Control Panel' - 'View By' in top right corner should be changed to large or small icons. - Select Power Options below - On the left side of the screen, select 'Create a Power Plan' - Select the 'High Performance' plan and hit 'Next' - On the next page just hit 'Create' - Next to your newly created Power Plan, click on Change Plan settings - Click on 'Change Advanced Power Settings' - In this new window, select your power plan, and go through the settings below it individually to manage your computer for best performance. - Under Hard Disk, set turn off hard disk after 'never.' - Under USB Settings, set USB selective suspend setting to 'Disabled.' - After making all these changes, click on 'Apply' and 'OK.' - Reboot the computer and test the performance of your USB audio and let us know if the problem persists.
This is a problem that seems to happen to some Windows 7 and 8 computers with many different types of audio interfaces. Here is a link from a Microsoft Support thread to review: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/audio-stops-working-but-works-after-a-reboot/f3684f19-ee21-4e90-ae4c-98acb797d019?page=9&tm=1368283692511#LastReply There are many customers inquiring with the same problem with different audio devices from different manufacturers. One poster in the Microsoft support page (Zoolooz) provides a possible workaround to try: "Looks like problem solves by denying to use the playback devices in monopoly mode by software. Right click on speaker icon in tray - playback devices - speaker (do the same for headphones, previously plugged it in!) - properties (or settings, I'm not sure because of using cyrillic windows) - advanced - monopoly mode - unmark the first box. Hope this helps." I was unable to find playback mode, but go into Sound Playback Devices and right-click on your GX (which should have Speakers set to it) and and select Properties. In the Advanced tab of Properties, uncheck the box to allow the use of the device in Exclusive mode. I found also this procedure in another tech site with pictures of the steps to follow: http://dailykermit.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/windows-7-exclusive-device-control/
Having had a similar experience recently with a custom built PC I built, it turned out to be a software conflict with: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host driverset Even on USB 2.0 ports different brands of audio interfaces would drop out in audio completely. Removing this driver and allowing Windows to automatically install Windows USB 2.0 drivers fixed the issue. This was on Windows 7, and Windows 8 does not use this controller, but I bring this up because with your computer being custom made, there is the potential for a conflict like this to happen. I also removed all of the Asus 'ASMedia' controllers and used intel based controllers instead. I would suggest you review your installed drivers and controllers to see if any of them have reports of creating conflicts like this. You might have to try updating the motherboard's BIOS if available as well.
f you are experiencing any kind of drop outs in audio, I would suggest that you increasing the buffer size used within your DAW as well as the buffer size slider in the Line 6 Audio MIDI devices menu located in the Windows Control Panel.
Hi there. It may be useful to someone advice from line6. I have not helped so far. I have a GX 8.1 for Windows 64 bit.
ps. write to find a solution, suggestions ...