These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500 stuck in reboot loop! - EXTREMELY URGENT!!!
by kevinbutler2000 on 2012-01-07 16:22:48

I spent 3 hours last night trying to reflash my POD HD 500 and it never worked. I tried everything and then some. I updated all my drivers and software (mac) and on my final attempt to reflash just as the video and everything else is telling me, it put my POD into a reboot cycle. It boots up, shows the "line 6" screen, shows the first default patch for about 10 seconds, then it shuts off and repeats. I need this fixed ASAP as I'm supposed to be using it all week. Is there any way to talk to someone at Line 6? This is very urgent!

Re: POD HD500 stuck in reboot loop! - EXTREMELY URGENT!!!
by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-07 17:38:42

Suggest that you try booting the HD in safe mode and re-flashing.  Instructions follow (quoting Line6Don in another post):

I would suggest that you update to the latest version of POD HD500 Edit 1.0.6 that is designed to work with the updated 1.40 flash memory update. It can be downloaded from the link below:

POD HD500 Edit 1.0.6 Windows:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4373

Afterupdating to the latest version of Edit, use it to back up your presets. After backing up your presets, power the POD off and disconnect it from the USB. Press and hold the down arrow key and power the POD back up to put it into safe mode, once the POD boots the display will read 'safe mode'. Reconnect the USB cable, launch the latest version of Monkey 1.43 and reinstall the latest 1.40 flash memory. After installing the flash memory, perform a global reset using the instructions at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

by kevinbutler2000 on 2012-01-07 17:40:43

Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I get home and let you know what I find...

by silverhead on 2012-01-07 19:21:59

Also, you can reach Line 6 tech support directly by calling the number you'll find under the Contact Us button at the foot of this page. (California business hours)

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-07 20:17:34

I've had a similar problem, constant reboot. What I did was Power on the unit as I pressed the left arrow on the 4 way button, that resets the hardware and you need to recaliberate the exp pedal afterwards. My problem was constant rebooting without showing anything but the flash screen with no sound whatsover. If you search my profile you will see I just posted a thread about this issue, you might want to take a look there for more detail but this little bit seemed to solve the problem...

by kevinbutler2000 on 2012-01-07 22:00:06

Thanks everybody. The power on with left arrow wasn't working, but the down arrow sorta did. It stopped it from rebooting, but it just said "update flash"... so I connected it and my iMac decided to say my driver was out of date. Updated that (which I was 99% sure I had already done), and the POD still said update flash. so then I rolled it back to 1.31, power cycled it, and it was functional. THEN I updated to 1.4 and it's now working 100%. I have no idea what made it hiccup in the first place. I initially tried updating it with a Mac Book Pro (which I use to configure it) and the Line 6 Monkey kept giving me errors and/or crashing. I switched to my iMac and it kicked the POD into the reboot cycle. Crazy. I just want my 4 hours of my life back... I love the Line6 stuff, but finding helpful support on the forums has taken forever (until I made my own post), so I appreciate your help! I also wish a musician friendly company like Line6 had a 24 hour help line as I'm sure the majority of users are only awake after normal business hours or using gear on the weekends.

by leomachismo on 2013-02-12 17:22:22

Had bought the HD500 4 days ago and the reboot issue happened. I searched the forums and received the same advice. After all the trial and error has been done, the cause of the problem was the adapter(PSU). The PSU provided was an "AC" Adapter, the HD500 unit requires a "DC" current adapter. The AC Adapter would overheat and cause the reboot problems. I took the unit back and the store gave me a newer, updated adapter. I'm still keeping a watchful eye on it, but so far so good.

by jimsreynolds on 2013-02-13 04:40:19

Not the first time I have heard of a store providing the wrong adapter.  Not good.

If I were you I would demand a new unit from the store.  Having the wrong adapter may have 'stressed' the unit in such a way that it will fail later.   Hopefully it won't but I don't see why it should be you taking that chance when it is their negligence that led to the problem.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.