bbehrens
Members-
Posts
112 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
17
Everything posted by bbehrens
-
If you know of any easy ways to view all of the Block assignments at a glance, then put them here. You could easily view all of the block "BYPASS/CONTROLLER ASSIGN"ments in the HX Edit App as there was a panel devoted to it. I could easily see all 23 (just kidding, 2 or 3) blocks that might be assigned to a footswitch. I hope that they include that in the Stadium eventually.
-
I have a Preset with 8 Snapshots. Snapshot 4 has an Heir Apparent turned on, while Snapshot 5 has a Kinky Boost, Heir Apparent, and Prize Drive turned on. When the Preset is loaded Snapshot 1 is correct. When Snapshot 2 is loaded, it is also correct. When Snapshot 3 is loaded, it is also correct. When Snapshot 4 is loaded, the Heir Apparent is not turned on in Stadium App or on the Stadium Unit (It should be on). When Snapshot 5 is loaded, the Kinky Boost, Heir Apparent, and the Prize Drive are all off (They should be on). Heir Apparent is turned on in Snapshot 4 and the preset is saved on the Helix Unit. When Snapshot 5 is loaded, the Heir Apparent is on (This is an apparent carry-over from Snapshot 4). The Kinky Boost and the Prize Drive are also turned on via the Helix Unit and the preset is saved again. When Snapshot 4 is loaded, all 3 three Distortion blocks are now on in both the App and the Unit (An apparent carry-over from Snapshot 5). When Snapshot 3 is loaded, all 3 distortion blocks are off, which is correct. When Snapshot 4 is loaded, all 3 Distortion blocks are still off (An apparent carry over from Snapshot 3), However, the Stadium App now shows that the Heir Apparent block is turned on (conflicting with what the Helix Unit is showing). When Snapshot 5 is loaded, all 3 distortion blocks are still off in the Helix Unit. However, the Stadium App shows all 3 turned on. Factory Reset of the Unit, and Importing and Exporting the Snapshot will not resolve this issue. When the Snapshot is reloaded, this issue is reproducible. Bug Report has been filed with Line 6.com
-
Help needed with importing/converting older HLX file
bbehrens replied to Dralore's topic in Helix Stadium
Also note that the Helix v3.50+ Legacy Cabinet Models will be automagically converted when the .hlx file is imported into the Helix Stadium. Also note that Impulse Response files (if you are using them in the imported preset) are not imported and must be manually mapped to the file on your computer once the Helix file is imported into Helix Stadium. -
feature request Expanded Favorites Feature Request
bbehrens replied to bbehrens's topic in Helix Stadium
To be honest, I am not sure that I would use that functionality too much. However, if I needed it then it would sure be handy. It would definitely have to be an option that I would like to be able to use only if I needed it. Most of my blocks are tweaked in some way for the preset that I use. I am sure that most Helix owners like myself have hundreds of presets - maybe thousands and this type of functionality could be a life saver - or annoying screw up most of your other presets if you did not intend to change that block. Good idea in any case. -
feature request Expanded Favorites Feature Request
bbehrens replied to bbehrens's topic in Helix Stadium
I wanted to gauge feedback before I submit it as a request. But I ask you: How would I take a chain of four different blocks and copy them all individually from a Template to another Preset that I was already working on? I gave several examples which would mean multiple Templates open and multiple blocks being copied from each one for the functionality that I might want in a single preset. This would just make it easier just as the favorites was intended. The Stadium already does this with Amp/Cab blocks and it already saves individual blocks as favorites. If most people think that it would be easier to simply copy and paste from other Templates into the preset that they are working on than just browsing a list of favorite effects chains, then I will not submit this as a feature request (which is why I have not submitted it as a feature request yet). What I am doing now is saving a favorites folder of Effects Chains and creating folders for the blocks that I need for each effects chain that I like to use. But this still requires copying multiple blocks and numbering them as part of their saved name for sequencing, but would be much easier that multiple templates, I think. But would NOT be a favorites feature that I think would be really cool to have in the future. -
It would be nice to save a set of blocks (group) that comprise a single Favorite. They could be the only blocks on a Preset (such as a Clarity Amp and Cab and a US Luxe Black Amp and Cab in parallel paths (Path A1 and A2). Or they could be two separate types of delays that make up an effect such as a Dual Delay and a Vintage Digital Delay set to imitate the Halo Delay effect pedal. Or a couple of delays and a couple of reverbs that create a drone effects when used together such as I have with the Euclidean and Adriatic Swell delays, with the Particle Cave reverbs. These often have specific block settings that would be best used as a favorite. These don't make sense as a Template and can not be currently saved as a group (unless I am missing something). I don't know if other effects units have this capability but it would set the Helix Stadium further apart from the rest of the pack, if no one else does this. What do you all think? Would you use this as a favorites feature?
-
I have a 5-way switch issue on one of my two JTV-69S. The Switch works on the magnetic pickups but only positions 1 and 5 on all models are working. Model 3 is selected for positions 2, 3, and 4 on all of the models. I am thinking that it may be the contacts. I don't want to use DeoxIT D5 on my Variax as I am not sure that it is safe to do so. Any suggestions. I can ship to CA from AR. I used to live in CA but moved cuz' of the wild fires (and poly - ticks).
-
Will they ever update the Variax?
bbehrens replied to rwinking's topic in James Tyler Variax Guitars / Workbench HD
Not with Line 6, it won't. I believe that the Variax design team is pretty much all gone. There has been no further development with respect to modelling guitars by any company and Yamaha (which now owns Line 6) is not interested since they have their RevSstarr (mis-spelling was intentional). But the technology is very much still out there and would probably be better than ever if machine learning was incorporated into the process. I also believe that the Gibson Hex pickups might be worth looking into using for a better modelling technology. But the same roadblocks would still exist in any approach. Time. Money. And the fact that guitar players do not like guitars built after 1970 even though nearly all guitar players typically play better modern built guitars than most made back then. Sorry. Open Source is still available to the motivated and willing. I would LOVE to see that happen. -
Thanks datacommando and rd2rk, I have updated the Support Ticket with some additional information from rd2rk. I don't like finding bugs! Save your congratulations for Line 6 who will squash the problem like a... bug?!?!?
-
Thanks, I always keep Reaper at the latest version v6.78 Win64. I was posting in the hopes that others with other DAWs would reply and see if the issue is present in other DAWs as well.
-
I think that I have found a bug in Helix 3.5 New Cabinet Models. I thought that I liked the sound of a Dual Cab (1x12 Grammatico with the 2x15 Brute Bas Cabinet) with the US Double Nrm Amp Model. I found two issues: 1) It crashed Helix Native in Reaper and I suspect other DAWs as well.
-
Helix v2.81 not changing tuning of all JTV string tunings when changed via Snapshots. Helix Firmware: v2.81 OS: Windows 7 Global Settings: Default to Helix v2.81 Bug: Some String Tunings do nto change when String Tunings are designated to change for different Snapshots. (Step by step description of how to reproduce bug) Preset input set to Multi Snapshot 1 Variax settings Tuning (Preset) set to snapshots [Custom] and Strings 1-6 set to String 6 Tuning Preset: [0 (E)] String 5 Tuning Preset [0 (A)] String 4 Tuning Preset [0 (D)] String 3 Tuning Preset [0 (G)] String 2 Tuning Preset [0 (B)] String 1 Tuning Preset [0 (E)] Snapshot 2 Variax settings Tuning (Preset) set to snapshots [Custom] and Strings 1-6 set to String 6 Tuning Preset: [-1 (E)] String 5 Tuning Preset [-1 (A)] String 4 Tuning Preset [-1 (D)] String 3 Tuning Preset [-1 (G)] String 2 Tuning Preset [-1 (B)] String 1 Tuning Preset [-1 (E)] Snapshot 3 Variax settings Tuning (Preset) set to snapshots [Custom] and Strings 1-6 set to String 6 Tuning Preset: [+3 (E)] String 5 Tuning Preset [+3 (A)] String 4 Tuning Preset [+3 (D)] String 3 Tuning Preset [+3 (G)] String 2 Tuning Preset [+3 (B)] String 1 Tuning Preset [+3 (E)] Change from Snapshot 1 to 2 and 3 Does not consistently change all of the String Tunings to the tunings designated in each Snapshot with a Variax JTV-69.