Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux2 Not working-24dbfixed no lights

I was playing guitar through my ux2,my cat hit the usb cable it went off and it didnt open again.please help me fix this.Everything was ok until that happened.now even I did restart my computer or reinstalled drivers it didnt work.Is it that easy turn into a garbage?

I attached the picture of it after its plugged in no clip red light nothing except this.

4joqqh.jpg

I would try it again with a different cable and try another usb port if that doesn't work.

Does Monkey see it? Or whatever OS you are running?

You can also check to see if the usb port on the UX2 is damaged - center block, bent pins.

-B

It was working 2 mins ago before cat touched.and it was very slight touch nothing that can cause damage.even with that I tried different cable but result is same.Monkey doesnt see it neither computer. it shows as undefined usb device.I have good computer knowledge I tried everything basic like updating drivers reinstalling them etc.However my idea is that fixed 24db means something.like there is no enough power or S.O.S

Hey - not sure what to tell you as its either the PC or the UX2. If the UX2 doesn't work with a different cable or with a different USB port I would try (if you can) it on another pc. At the least it will narrow down what is having the issue.  

You should send in a support ticket if no one pops in with a better suggestion.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

I was hoping a uninstall/reinstall would reinitialize the drivers. You can try manually pointing the device to the driver in the L6 folder.

Sorry couldn't help you more.

B

I tried it in another computer too it didnt work exactly same result.It seems like hardware issue to me cause 1 min it was working without problem 1 min later its dead.even if it works again I am going to sell that garbage.I have xt live too which is 10 years old works like a clock. main problem is that usb power supply its so problematic.I have found the same problem in a german forum so its not the first time happening thing.I sent a support ticket I hope they can adress the problem.

Its not even close.I found 1 similar problem which was asked in a german forum for old model(red one). that also proves that its a sign of some malfunction.but I doubt that even support team has more knowledge than us as we have years of experience using these equipments.only a tech guy who knows the power supply system of ux can tell the probable cause.

And I believe that xtlive will work till 2030s or even more :D 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

well     THEV SAME    I NEED TO ? SOMEONE SAID THE PC WINDOWS TEN UPDATES DRIVERS ON ITSOWN AND ?/…. I NEED TO     RE -SET IT TO AN OLDER DRIVER!

UX2       CHRIST THE INTERFACE IS SORTA A IMPORTANT  DEAL WITH  YOUR DAW'S AND ETC.....    I MEAN     LAWSUIT!   LOL    

• 1 year later...

bump. I accidentally just stepped on the usb cable two days ago, which then got just off from the usb port. After connecting it back, it would just have two blinking red lights. I tried everything from uninstalling everything. Monkey fails to install on it's own and leads me to the website, when I download the drivers manually they install. However on the driver install, the newhardware wizard never launches. Tried every single usb port ranging from normal USB 2.0 to USB 3.0, 3 of them were working just fine before. The pod just keeps having the blinking red lights. The next step was to uninstall also my usb drivers, after reinstalling them the pod just keeps blinking those two red lights. I've also kept restarting my computer on every single step. I've had this issue before, but it just worked out itself out of nowhere after few days. However now I really have the inspiration and don't have any other amp to work with at home. Any help?

I'm operating on ASUS Laptop, running a windows 10. All drivers are up to date.