Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Carrying case for M13??

ejj8469

Greetings fellow tone lovers!

I'm brand new to the forum and look forward to your wealth of wisdom.

Can anyone recommend a carrying case for a brand new M13?  Sweetwater recommended the Gator 16x22 case but it was way too big so I'm sending in back.

Thx to all.

Also a forum noob, and I just searched around a ton looking for a solution to this problem. Looked at a lot of laptop bags, but the M13 is just a bit too thick for most of those to work. Ended up getting this backpack intended for photographers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF5OGP8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002VPE1WK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=15M3RFRT07Z6QKBJXT58

I've received the bag, but I haven't actually test fit the M13 yet. The dimensions on Amazon's site line up with the M13, and holding it in my hands it appears it will fit great in the main compartment (after you pull out all the velcro-attached dividers). Planning to throw my SansAmp in the laptop sleeve portion, I think it'll work great.

BZ,

I, too, have just been using a backpack to carry my M13.  I use the "TETON Sports Tech The Professional Backpack" that I purchased from Amazon last year ($39.99, free 2-day with Prime).

I love this bag for light- to mid-duty action but I wish it had more padding for the M13.  Great bag overall, though.

• 1 month later...

I went to a used computer store and got an old laptop case. I had to remove a couple of the pads inside to make it fit but no big deal at all. Easy to carry and plenty of padding and only $10. I am guessing that a lot of newer laptops are built thinner, so an older one works great and they are glad to get rid of them.

• 2 weeks later...

While they may be difficult to find, the Furman SPB-8 case works great for the Line 6 M-13.

I have my M-13 mounted to the board with Velcro, and I have enough room on the board for both a wah pedal and volume pedal.

I will admit that it's larger than what you were originally thinking, but it's fantastic for hauling the M-13 around with other gear.

Greetings fellow tone lovers!

I'm brand new to the forum and look forward to your wealth of wisdom.

Can anyone recommend a carrying case for a brand new M13?  Sweetwater recommended the Gator 16x22 case but it was way too big so I'm sending in back.

Thx to all.

I sold my M13, but when I had it, I also used a TC Helicon voice live unit (sold that too!) and they fit near perfectly side-by-side in a case I got from Musicians Friend. Not sure if the smaller case would fit, will check the sizes. Nice case though! Brand is "Diago"

If you do go for a larger than needed hard case, it gives you some room to add things like an expression pedal, velcro down the power supply, and a wireless transmitter, etc.

The M13 size is:  15.5" (L) x 12" (W) x 3.5" (H)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/diago-pb02-gigman-pedalboard

PB02 Gigman Pedalboard

• Internal Width: 600mm (23-½")
  • Internal Depth: 300mm (11-¾")
  • Internal Height: 85mm (3-¼")

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/diago-pb03-showman-pedalboard

PB03 Showman Pedalboard

• Internal Width: 750mm (29-½")
  • Internal Depth: 350mm (13-¾")
  • Internal Height: 100mm (4")

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be too late but for the time being I found a case at Harbor Freight. For $20 (and it locks) it's been good.

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-silver-aluminum-case-69315.html

It does the trick. I actually have it upside down (the case). That way when I play I just open it up and it stays up. Having the case open kinda helps seeing the screen and the lights too since it blocks some stage lighting.  For only $20 something dollars it's not bad. I've been using it for almost a year now. It literally fits perfectly. When open, I'm still able to plug in the guitar cables and power supply. I might actually make one only so I can accommodate a volume pedal but it's not totally necessary.

Plus it would be nice to store the power supply in the case as well, not a deal breaker. I usually have the power supply and guitar cables in my guitar Road Runner Gig Bag ( to limit additional bags). Or if I change up my set up I bring my hardshell guitar case with a separate bag with other guitar cables and extra strings.  Plus it comes with foam too so when I'm walking around with the case there's absolutely no movement inside. 

Hope this helps.