Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 2.6 HD PRO X Global EQ not working?

simonp54

I have downloaded the new firmware and re-flashed my unit, and re-applied all my presets... so far so good.  I have gone into page 11 of 12 of the VIEW system and have tried to adjust the Global EQ levels... nothing seems to happen...

What is the procedure for the Global EQ?

Does it affect only certain outputs?

I saw another thread on here after posting and saw it said about it working on all the outputs I have but its interesting that others are having similar issues.

I have raised a ticket

Unit is a POD HD PRO X

Unfortunately it does not operate on any of the L6 LINK outputs due to architectural limitations, however, it should work on the XLR, 1/4", PHONES and SPDIF outputs..

Ouch. After all that waiting, I find out the only feature that 2.6 that is of interest to me doesn't work with my rig. Bummer. 

global eq? who wants everything to sound the same?

anyways, says above its supposed to work on the spdif. even when spdif is set to dry inputs?

everything will not sound the same. It is separate from and in addition to the eq of your patches. It's best use will be for setting room tone, which means you would need to take it to various rooms/venues to understand that your same patches don't always sound the same.

As far as spdif question, I can only hypothesize because I don't use spdif or global eq...

If the Master Volume has an effect on the volume when spdif is set to dry inputs, then the Master (global) EQ will effect the tone.

IF the Global EQ really doesn't work with the L6 LINK outputs, I am not going to be happy....  because as far as I can tell this was not made clear in any of the Line 6 promotional material before I paid out my hard earned for the firmware 2.6 update.

IF the Global EQ really doesn't work with the L6 LINK outputs, I am not going to be happy.... because as far as I can tell this was not made clear in any of the Line 6 promotional material before I paid out my hard earned for the firmware 2.6 update.

No it does not work with Line 6 Link. I'm not sure how you've managed to use your 'hard earned' on a free update.

No it does not work with Line 6 Link. I'm not sure how you've managed to use your 'hard earned' on a free update.

OK... I was probably mistaken but I was under the impression that I 'acquired' the firmware update while purchasing the new HD Model Packs, http://line6.com/store/downloads/hdmodelpacks?cart_action=add_item&store_items_id=355&method=purchase 

but you're saying that the firmware update was a separate 'free' upgrade.... well in that case I would say that they way Line 6 have marketed this whole release of the new models implied that to get the new functionality (Global EQ) I would also need to purchase the new HD models.... and then it doesn't work with L6 Link anyway which was never mentioned ...

I may have acquired the new models anyway but it wasn't clear, at least to me, that that the firmware upgrade was free.

No, it's the other way round. You need the free firmware update to be able to buy the optional model packs. Although Line 6's marketing have been a bit off with some announcements I think it's been fairly clear from the outset that global EQ was part of the free update.

Firmware updates are always free, it's only add-ons that get charged. Line 6 have never charged for firmware updates and I doubt they ever will.

If you want your money back you have a 30-day return window in which to get it. Return the model packs if you don't want them, you'll still have the new firmware.