Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX Send/Return Question

KuRiXY

Hi!

This is the first pedal with send/return I will buy, and I have some questions if you can help me:

- I suppose the send will transport the original guitar signal to apply external effects and then the return can be inserted at any stage. Is this right?

- What happens if I use only the return to insert additional audio? Will it replace the full sound?

Thanks,

Regards.

The send/return are associated with an FX block called the FX Loop. This can be placed at different points in the signal chain and both the send and return signals are applied at that point. You cannot send the signal from one point in the chain and have it return at another.

In order to use just the return function you must activate the FX Loop in the preset. You will probably also need to use a dummy cord in the send jack so that the device will recognize that the FX Loop is being used from a hardware perspective.

As Silverhead said, also, the external audio you are putting into the return should be at the very end of the effects chain(or have no other e3ffects on), so you do not get unwanted effects on your input sound.

Thanks for the answers... does this mean that I could use the return as some kind of "line-in" for external audio? Putting the fx block at the end of the chain and being blended 50-50 with the main guitar chain?

Regards.

I have a Boss RC-30 Stereo Looper.  I know that the 1.10 update gave us a looper, but it was a little too late for me.  How do I connect it to my Firehawk so it will receive my guitar and effects signal, record it, and send it to my amp?  I am using a 4 cable connection so that I can make use of my Mesa/Boogie Mark V's awesome preamp channels. 

Try placing your looper in the last section of your 4CM setup, between the Firehawk outputs and your power amp input. You could use the stereo outputs from Firehawk to your looper's stereo inputs, but that will only be useful if your power amp section has stereo inputs.