Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible Major Oversight with the Helix

Tommy2Gunns

So the only thing to do while waiting for my preordered Helix to ship is to check out all the info on the web. After looking at countless videos, pictures, and manuals, it finally dawned on me that there are no numbers on the volume control. How are we supposed to know if we are dialed in at 10 or 11?

• Upvote 1

That's kind of problematic indeed.

... on the same subject, what exactly does the volume button affects?

I will be using Helix as a replacement for my M13, meaning I won't use amp modelling (on stage anyway).

If I use an empty preset, with no effects at all and no global EQ, and set the path output to 0db, on what position shall I turn the volume knob to have exactly the same volume/signal as the dry guitar input?

I thought DI said we were getting hats? That was a while back too...

If they were smart, they'd partner with a company hawking elbow braces and those copper-infused compression sleeves. If this thing is as good as the press it's getting, there will be some tendonitis flare-ups...mine bothers me when I play already. ;)