Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD 500 through PA sistem

asdasd

Hi there.
I have a question about conecting my guitar to the pod and then directly  to a PA sistem like this https://www.google.com.uy/search?q=Pa+system&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=799&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIrp2W0e_0yAIVwpYeCh2mbAIl#imgrc=HQYL5nE7QX0npM%3A

I read in forums like this, that a lot of people use this conect and the result are pretty good.
The thing is that I just buy a PA sistem an do that thing, and at the first it sound's good, but now the cage sound's fuzzy.
I take it to the guaranty and they tell me that the PA sistem is not for that tipe of conection 'cause the speaker will break easily when i play things like rock, because of the gain.

So... i dont know what to think, it's that true? the speaker just break because of my fault? there is specific way to sound through a PA sistem without a real guitar amp?

The HD500 should be just fine through any quality PA system.

I run mine through an Alto TS110A quite often and haven't had any problems.

And you just plug your guitar to the "guitar in" in the pod, and the pod to the PA sistem through "1/4' out"?

There's not an special configuration on the pod to do this?

And you just plug your guitar to the "guitar in" in the pod, and the pod to the PA sistem through "1/4' out"?

There's not an special configuration on the pod to do this?

The only other thing I can think of is to select Studio Direct in the ouput settings for the HD500X.

Also, on the input settings, it sometimes helps to set one of the inputs to guitar and the other to anything except the same (I use Aux).

If you are setup with Studio Direct in the POD and are plugged into the speaker directly from the 1/4" output into the 1/4" input, then the speaker is receiving the correct level of signal and there is no reason, short of a speaker malfunction, for it not to work.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the type of music.  The speaker would receive the same level of signal if you were to mic a traditional guitar cabinet.  If this speaker wouldn't be able to handle that, then the speaker design is garbage.

This assumes, of course, that you have the proper volume and tone levels set on the PA speaker.  I always advise people to set the volume and tone knobs (if they have them) at the mid point which is typically the 12 o'clock position and use the master volume on the pod to control the signal level to the PA speaker.  If the speaker starts clipping (typically there's an intermittent red light that flashes on the PA speaker when it clips and you'll hear some unpleasant distortion) you can turn the speaker volume knob up and reduce the master volume on the POD as that would mean you're overdriving the PA's allowable signal with the signal coming from the POD.  If you have the speaker volume set all the way up and you're still clipping then you need more wattage in your speaker which can only be solved by getting a more powerful powered speaker.

According to the documentation on the speaker it's 180 watts which is not huge, but should be adequate for most uses as a guitar monitor.

I take it to the guaranty and they tell me that the PA sistem is not for that tipe of conection 'cause the speaker will break easily when i play things like rock, because of the gain.

The world is full of morons spreading wrong information. Whomever told you that is no doubt union president of Idiots Local 342. Running straight to a PA, DAW, etc., is precisely what the POD is designed to do.

Now you may have blown a speaker...if you push them too hard, it happens. But that has nothing to do with the POD, as it has no power section. That's a problem with the PA itself.

The more I think about it, this could easily be a case of them not wanting to pay for a warranty job, and inventing a fairy tale about "gain" from the POD damaging your PA as an excuse. Wouldn't be the first time a warranty department decided to get shady because they don't feel like taking the hit on a repair.

• Upvote 1