Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems with smart Harmony effect of POD HD 500

jolciz

Good morning, I have one doubt in relation to a pod of efeio hd 500, which is the smart harmony (which doubles the guitar, and is duets), good place effect settings as well Key: C lollipop: 3rd and then Major MIX: 50%, start to improvise in C Major just seems that the effect of the notes are not married duet, what would that be, someone could help me, would be a failure to update the pedal?

• 4 months later...

If you play a C major scale with the above stated settings, the harmony note created by the HD500 would be a major third for C, F, and G, and a minor third for D, E, A, and B. When you chose the key of C with the setting of  a 3rd, you are asking the unit to provide a harmony note that is a third and in a C major scale. I am posting a complete list for you. The black letter is the note you play and the red letter is the note that the smart harmony effect creates as follows:

E

D F
E G
F A
G B 
A C
B D

Maybe a stupid question but are you tuned in A440....? I mean standard tuning (EADGBE) and not in Eb or 438 or any other tuning that might fool the tracking of the harmonizer??

Sounds pretty obvious but, guess what, it happened to me as I was using 3 different guitars with 3 different tunings (from standard to Eb and D tunings) within the same set...

It may simply be you're selected the wrong scale.  Did you try the C Major Pentatonic?  Without understanding what you're specifically trying to do and against what type of chord progression it's hard to figure out exactly what harmony you're looking for.

Using dual amp tones, I have a preset where I have one side a 3rd above, and the other side is a 3rd below.  I can selectively use either/both harmonies as each one is assigned its own FS.

Mix level at about 25% is plenty, still get those sweet Steve Vai/Brian May 3 part harmony sounds.

• 6 years later...

My Smart Harmony feature is acting really stupid.  Works fine with my BOSS ME80 but the POD HD500X is all out of wack. Playing the notes D, Db & B in an Em scale and the POD is playing Gb, F and D!! It should be playing Gb, E & D! Plus, it tracks real lousy. Any suggestions and yes, the guitar is in tune and the Smart Harmony feature is set to E minor a 3rd above.