Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X How to use the pedal in a preset?

load231

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use the pedal to increase/decrease the volume for a preset, but I just can't get it done. I have presets where it works and presets where is doesn't work and I don't really understand why. Can you please help me and give some tips on what to do?

I have to be doing something wrong. I put a VolPan as last thing in the chain, but I don't have a min & max volume option. There is only one volume option on knob 4 which sets the volume of the preset, but the pdeal does not do anything. I assigned it to exp1, but still no result.

The preset which works that I checked does not even have a VolPan in the chain.

I've seen something go wrong in this where the volume pedal doesn't work and the patch has no volume. Changing from Exp-1 to Exp-2 or vice-versa seems to fix this.  Not sure if it is a software bug or something I'm doing.

It is not a bug. The VOL pedal is assigned to one of the two EXP positions, either EXP-1 or EXP-2 as outlined above. It is also generally assigned to use the Exp Pedal Toe Switch as the on/off controller. Hence depressing the switch triggers the correct EXP switch position.