Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turning one fx off while engaging another in 1-8 mode

Onomatopoeia

As the title says, is this possible?

In my signal-chain I have the Tube Compressor and then the Vintage Distortion (in that order). When I'm not using the distortion, I like to have the comp on, and when I engage the distortion, I want the comp to go dissengage. I'm able to assign them both to one switch (multi) but when I do that the light is on when I have the comp engaged and off when the dist is engaged. I need it to be the other way around! If i change the order of the signal chain (dist -> comp) it seems to work, but I much prefer the comp -> dist for som reason, even if the comp is dissengaged...

Any suggestions?

/Danne

As the title says, is this possible?

In my signal-chain I have the Tube Compressor and then the Vintage Distortion (in that order). When I'm not using the distortion, I like to have the comp on, and when I engage the distortion, I want the comp to go dissengage. I'm able to assign them both to one switch (multi) but when I do that the light is on when I have the comp engaged and off when the dist is engaged. I need it to be the other way around! If i change the order of the signal chain (dist -> comp) it seems to work, but I much prefer the comp -> dist for som reason, even if the comp is dissengaged...

Any suggestions?

/Danne

I do assign more effects to one switch all the time but didn't care about lights. I have to analyze that.

If it's like pianoguyy said, you can't do much about it. I'm not with my POD right now but I'd try to change the way you assing the effects to the switch.

1. First empty the switch to no functionality.
  2. Then switch the Compressor off
  3. Switch the distortion on
  4. Assign both effects to the disired switch

If you like to have the clean tone when changing the patch just click on press the switch before saving, so that the distortion is off and the comp on.

I'm not sure if this works but I think I remember doing so in the past. Have to try this when I have time.