Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PC crashing all of a sudden...

Bulpittson

I've had my POD hd pro x for about a year now.  Not had any problems with it at all until recently.  Sometimes I have to restart it for my sound to kick in, having to restart programs if the sound isn't on, and now it's happening while recording.  I had 3 crashes in a row while trying to record some tracks, mainly when I'd gone into the tuner and back out again.  

Anyone had this problem at all?  Sounds like something is faulty with it as it's not happened for a year until recently.  Think it's worth seeing if my warranty is still in place?

If nothing has changed on your PC in a year, I would suggest checking your USB cable. Maybe contacts are a little oxidized...You could simply try another port... 

Have you added any USB devices (printers, scanners, cameras, NICs, wireless mouse etc...) to your system in the past year? Have you updated the chipset driver in your PC? BIOS Update?. chipset and bios updates can have a direct effect on USB.

I have some problem with the sound from Windows 10 and iTunes, cutting off after a few minutes of playing, while the HD 500 is connected to it. This has just happened within the last 3 days. The only way to get the sound back is to restart the laptop.

iTunes works fine if the pod is not connected.

The pod is fine if the iTunes is not playing.

I reinstalled the pod's drivers but it made no difference.

What is going on?

I will try a new cable and reinstall iTunes tomorrow.

Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies. 

I had a little brain flash last night and remembered a piece of software I hadn't actually installed within this month, but sorted out my login details for it so it would run constantly in the background.  That's the only thing I could think of that was new, except a printer (which you had mentioned above), but that was around 3 months ago now.  

I've deleted the program and so far so good.  I shall let you know of the progress!  If it reverts back to it's old ways I'll have a go at everything else you guys have suggested.

Thanks for such a quick reply!

p.s. The program was Raptr btw, I don't know if anyone else has had problems with it before?

If you added a USB printer, try just unplugging it and see if that helps...Generally, most PCs will have two USB master controllers. Each will have one or more ports assigned to it via a USB hub on the MB. What you want to try to do is insure that the POD is on it's own master separate from other devices...Anyway, just a thought...hope you can work this out...

• Upvote 2

The easiest approach is to make sure they are not next to each other....With desktops, you will usually have a controller for a pair of ports and then the other might have 2 or 4 ports....Just a little experimentation and you can likely find something that works.

One other thing you might could do that might be easier and remove the problem completely would be to put your printer on your network if you have one and the printer has that option...There are little USB to Wifi boxes you can get pretty cheap that would network enable a USB only printer...

• Upvote 1