Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

24 String Bass!

duncann

So true! try pulling Pete Townsend's guitar smashing bit with that beast. I always look for the lighter guitars, lol.

Not familiar with the smashing bit you're referencing, but I can imagine him proceeding to use some of the more destructive types of woodworking tools...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think it's just a status thing. The one who buys it can say "Look what I got" lol

Yup. I'd sooner spend $10K on a fancy toilet. At least that would get used.

Seriously, of what practical use is that thing? The guy in the video clearly can't get his hands around it, nor could most of the population. If you spend all your ready cash on that monstrosity, you won't be able to afford the orthopaedic surgeon to double the length of your fingers...

• Upvote 1

There is something to be said for tonal overlap. 7-8 string guitars, baritones et al have a place. Who knows how it will evolve. Google 10 string bass guitars, then 12 etc.. it does look like there is a string war.

Oh yes I've seen them before. I've got a Ibanez RG7 and a Schecter Omen 8. They sound great but I think I've got enough strings now, lol.

• Upvote 1

At least I'm not the only old man in here, lol ;)

Hey wait a minute, lol, I watched 8 is enough too. I specifically remember the time his cholesterol was up and the ol' man was at the table getting ready to eat sunny side up eggs and his daughter took 'em away from him, hahahahahah

• Upvote 2

Damn those VanPattons!!!!

BTW not to derail the convo but "eggs are ok again" right? :P

-Old Bill

Hahahah. I never thought they were bad for me, :)

When I watched this show - even though at the time I told myself I don't watch this show, damnit! - I always had to laugh at Tommy Bradford. And later when he was in Charles in Charge. :D

LOL! I only watched it 'cause my parents watched it. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Damn those VanPattons!!!!

BTW not to derail the convo but "eggs are ok again" right? :P

-Old Bill

Ha! You beat me to it. That's the best part about this story. 30 years hence, eggs are no longer the enemy. Seems that high-cholesterol foods have a negligible impact on one's serum cholesterol level. It's the carbs and refined sugars that are turning us all into fat diabetics. Oops. Today's "expert" is tomorrow's village idiot...

• Upvote 1

Ha! You beat me to it. That's the best part about this story. 30 years hence, eggs are no longer the enemy. Seems that high-cholesterol foods have a negligible impact on one's serum cholesterol level. It's the carbs and refined sugars that are turning us all into fat diabetics. Oops. Today's "expert" is tomorrow's village idiot...

You said a mouthful there! hahaha Only special people know this, Sssshhhhhhh hahaha

from one opposite to the other :D

1342bailey-custom-one-string-bass.jpg

Something doesn't seem right about that. I can't quite put more than one finger on it. The pickup must look awfully strange as well.

I often find myself phrasing lead passages in my songs using only one string, but this would take things to an entirely different level.