Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple Blocks to One Footswitch??

Denald21

I am sure after I ask I will find it but how do you assign multiple effects to one footswitch in pedal mode.  Example: bridge of song I want the Klon, delay and boost.  I know it can be done but can't figure it out. 

I am sure I will kick myself but thanks for your help!!!

Denald

Select the FX you want to assign. Touch (don't press down) on the FS you want to assign the FX to. Press the OK button when the screen display changes. Repeat for all other FX you want to assign for the same switch. Just make sure you select Merge rather than Replace before hitting OK.

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...

but how can you use one switch for going from one box to another and back. so pushing the switch, stompbox 1 is activated than pushing the same switch stompbox 2 is activated and stompbox 1 is switched off. so you can toggle between the two boxes.... 

• Confused 1

Assign all blocks to the same foot switch. Then turn some of the blocks off: aka bypass them. Save.

Now your foot switch will toggle between certain blocks. Block a on and block b off; then block an off and block b on. 

The foot switch basically toggles the on/off status with each button press against what you have saved. 

On 6/3/2023 at 5:21 PM, GZW004 said:

but how can you use one switch for going from one box to another and back. so pushing the switch, stompbox 1 is activated than pushing the same switch stompbox 2 is activated and stompbox 1 is switched off. so you can toggle between the two boxes.... 

Hello again,

I posted a reply with the answer you need to the thread you started asking this very same question. The answer has been there for 24 hours.

Right here:-

The truth is out there!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, Mareckiwt said:

What about two instances of same effect (compresor) but with different colors assigned? I want to have one compresor with regular level and then the other comp with higher volume for solos with a different color. 

Hi,

If you want to use a single compressor that can swap from regular to higher volume for solos you don’t need to add a second instance, using up another block. You should use Snapshots - that is what they are designed to do. Plus, because Snapshots can be named on HX units with scribble strips, there is no need to change the colour of the foot-switch. But why would you need to change the colour - surely you will be able to hear it is a louder setting!

You didn’t say which HX device you are using, but the technique is the same across the range. Here is a quick example with a Helix floor. See the Owner’s Manual for your device for details of creating and using Snapshots.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I have Hx Effects, so I have 6 footswitches available. I know snapshots, and already started to program my Hx for my more complicated stuff with a band where we don't have gigs yet. But I have this setup realy straight forward with a band where there's lots going on on stage but just one set of effects always in stompbox mode, so I don't fiddle around much on the Hx, Just need a visual of where I am at the moment with the booster thing. So I came across this topic and never heard before that it was possible to assign two effects to one footswitch. Would be great if I could have regular volume compresor with yellow color and then with red color when boosted.

On 6/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, Mareckiwt said:

I have Hx Effects, so I have 6 footswitches available. I know snapshots, and already started to program my Hx for my more complicated stuff with a band where we don't have gigs yet. But I have this setup realy straight forward with a band where there's lots going on on stage but just one set of effects always in stompbox mode, so I don't fiddle around much on the Hx, Just need a visual of where I am at the moment with the booster thing. So I came across this topic and never heard before that it was possible to assign two effects to one footswitch. Would be great if I could have regular volume compresor with yellow color and then with red color when boosted.

Hi,

Ahhh, if you didn’t know about multiple assignments to a single FS, maybe you have not encountered the Command Centre.

Using the Command Centre allows to assign virtually anything, to anything.
See the HX Effects 3.0 Owner’s Manual > Page 41 > Command Centre:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a411710a6112a67116f0b/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf

Also - here is a video of a live stream from a few days back. It shows Command Centre in use with a Helix Rack Controller, but this is the same technique for all HX products.

Start from about 1 minute in:-

Hope this helps/makes sense.

(Still don’t understand why you need a coloured LED to tell you that the sound is louder, but, hey!)