Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Send/Return question

francisb

Hi,

I'm doing some test with my newly aquired Helix and I cannot get Send 2 and 4 as well as Return 1 and 3 to work at all. So basically if I do a Mono setup with Send 1 and Return 2 it works, but not if I do the same thing with Send 1 and Return 1 and none of the FX Loop Mono block works.

Is my Helix defective or am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks.

It may sound daft - but make sure you are plugging into the right sockets on the back of the Helix.  When I first tried to use Send/Return2 it did not work for me.  After cursing for a bit and tearing my hair out I accidentally selected Send/Return 3 on the Helix and then boom - suddenly it worked!!!  Turns out I had plugged into Send/Return3 rather than 2.  D'oh

Thanks!!! :)

Now I'm embarassed... I don't have good access to the back of the device and I was so confident that all Return were the bottom row that didn't even reconsider the connection scheme, so I did all posibilities having in mind that top row was sends and bottom row was returns... now looking at it, it is is kind of a weird layout they did, anyway it works fine now....