Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snaphots really are fantastic!

ricksteruk

Finally had a day off today and got around to actually reprogramming some of my presets with 2.0

I am so impressed with Snapshots!  They really make it possible to do all the switching that I wanted Helix to do - I bought Helix knowing it would not quite do what I wanted, but hoping that scenes would be introduced.

I was kind of dreading reprogramming my presets actually, but Snapshots are very easy to set up!

It's great that I can now send MIDI PC messages to my H&K tube amp and turn on and off multiple Helix FX with one switch.

Heaven!  Thankyou Line 6.

• Upvote 1

I guess this kind of nullifies, a little bit, the notion that one should buy technology for what it can do when you buy it, not what it might be able to do in the future.

Sort of...  I bought Helix knowing that it would do most of what I wanted, but also due to reading the epic thread on TGP, which showed me that there was much more planned.  I also really like how involved Frank, Ben, and DI are in the forums.  

I guess this kind of nullifies, a little bit, the notion that one should buy technology for what it can do when you buy it, not what it might be able to do in the future.

I don't think so, not one bit. In fact I really really Liked Helix before the snapshots were released and Im betting I'm not alone on this. The way I see it, live your life on what might happen later you will (most of the time), be disappointed.  That said, I do love the snapshot additions and Im grateful for the L6 Dev's impressive work!

I don't think so, not one bit. In fact I really really Liked Helix before the snapshots were released and Im betting I'm not alone on this. The way I see it, live your life on what might happen later you will (most of the time), be disappointed.  That said, I do love the snapshot additions and Im grateful for the L6 Dev's impressive work!

Not alone at all. I really liked Helix before version 2.0 as well. Snapshots are really great though. Already found a good use for them. Something that would likely not have been possible without them.

I don't think the addition of snapshots was any surprise to anyone that pays attention on the forums and reads posts by some Line 6 employees, and occasionally ganders at Ideascale. So for someone who bought Helix, pre-2.0, that has this sort of unconfirmed info, it's not unreasonable or unrealistic for that person to expect expanded capabilities for Helix in the future. Certainly the possibility is there for disappointment, but that hinges more on personality traits than anything. I'm sure some people enjoy disappointment for whatever reason. Lol. Some people are probably disappointed that there's not 200 amps. People like that set themselves up quite nicely for disappointment. Gotta keep things real, or at least when 200 amps don't show up, you can at least say to yourself, oh well, f*ck it.

No, its not unrealistic or unreasonable to expect nice future updates & add ons for Helix. I was never suggesting it was not expected either. Expected yes, and not demanded. I love updates! I want updates and I am tickled when we get them! That said, yes, you gotta keep things real, as you state. For example, if you/we buy anything (Helix or whatever) with the unrealistic expectation that you will get everything you desire later on just because you want it, demand it, deserve it, think your'e owed it, and because of the money you/we spent on it, is, well, a bit naive and attitude wise a part of the elite aristocracy.  ;)  In other words and with that mindset, be ready to be disappointed all the time. Back on topic, the Snapshot update is a wonderful and needed add-on that should help sell an already great product well!