Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2nd xpression pedal questions

rwinking

So I got me a Mission pedal and have tried to assign it to various parameters and I go to the controller window in POD Edit and set it up and the moment I use the pedal, everything resets itself. What am I doing wrong here? Are there any videos that deal specifically with adding the second pedal? Most of the videos I see are about how to set up the on board pedal. It can't be that comlicated. I would love to be able to control tremolo speeds or echo volumes and still have the on board pedal set up for volume/wah.

thanks in advance

rick

So I got me a Mission pedal and have tried to assign it to various parameters and I go to the controller window in POD Edit and set it up and the moment I use the pedal, everything resets itself. What am I doing wrong here? Are there any videos that deal specifically with adding the second pedal? Most of the videos I see are about how to set up the on board pedal. It can't be that comlicated. I would love to be able to control tremolo speeds or echo volumes and still have the on board pedal set up for volume/wah.

thanks in advance

rick

Just a thought..

Try setting the patch up, saving it to the Pod, exit Edit (or simply pull the USB), and try to use the expression pedal to do what it's set up for. Not speaking from this particular experience, but sometimes using the unit while it's connected to Edit can cause weird behaviour.

Have you tried assigning parameters to two pedal controllers (EXP1 and EXP2) without the external pedal attached? Do they work normally when you switch between them with the toe switch?  If so, the external pedal should automatically take over the EXP2 functions when you plug it in. What happens in your case?

When I set up a wah and volume w/o the 2nd pedal it works fine.....the volume seems to default to exp 2 and the wah to exp 1. I guess I get lost from there. When I plug in the actual Mission pedal it becomes the volume and then I can turn the wah on with my toe, which isn't bad, but I like being able to toggle btw the on board pedal acting as both (which it does w/o the Mission plugged in.) It is just that if I try using the Mission for another parameter it gets really weird....sometimes the volume isn't on any more and sometimes I get volume and wah on the same pedal. I know that I am complicating this somehow.

does anybody out there know of a custom tone that uses say the whammy pedal and the volume? Maybe that would help....or a video, but I still have not found the video.

Also, I don't know if this will help anyone seeing how I am messing this up, but when I go to HD500x edit and then go to the controller tab, I set the model I want to use, then set the parameter, thenset it up to be controlled by say, exp 2. I thentry it out by moving exp 2 and the controller tab defaults back to  "0." Arrrrgh!

Thanks for listening....

You might be running into an HD Edit bug. I remember running into something similar when assigning expression pedal values. They wouldn't stick. Not sure if I remember correctly, but before actually physically using the pedal, move out of the controller tab. Also, when adjusting the min and max values, I remember having to use the keyboard arrow keys, or things might be forgotten.

Found an old topic maybe related to this: http://line6.com/support/topic/7782-having-serious-issues-with-my-pod-hd500/

There's a known issue with using the Mission EP1-L6 pedal as a secondary expression since the last firmware update (for POD HD500X and PRO X).

It is also effecting use with the FBV Shortboard MkII, see http://line6.com/support/topic/13862-problem-with-secondary-expression-pedal/

This may or may not be the same issue you are experiencing.

I had logged a ticket with Line 6 previously, but nothing has been resolved.

Still (optimistically) waiting for a firmware update to address the issue.

Thanks everyone. I think with your help I have been able to work around the issue. Duncann, your referral to an earlier post hit the nail on the head as did you bug issue that was mentioned. I do seriously doubt that they will fix it......