Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I know I am overlooking it but User Manual for the Editor software???

WickedFinger

Say where exactly is this Eb thing???

Hi WickedFInger,

Not sure what you referring to with that comment about "this Eb thing".

If you want to drop your guitar tuning down to Eb you can do it using a pitch whammy block with the heel and toe positions set to -1 and 100% mix.

Here's one ready to use in a patch I made a while back - find it under FS2 named Eb Drop.

Line 6 CustomTone

Have fun.

Thanks for the reply and example. 

I got confused as I saw an "Eb" label on some preset and I thought I was missing some sort of detune feature.

Is it your understanding the simple pitch or Whammy are polyphonic?? They do not seem to be. I do miss my Whammy V which was new tech polyphonic and true bypass, great pedal.  The Harmonizer modes on that puppy are to die for. i like the SImple Pitch a lot and the Dual has some cool tones, you can actually make an organ like sound using +1 8va and a lowered 5th. Tracks pretty good and for sure better in the 2.01 but I would not say they are polyphonic tracking. 

Thanks for the reply and example. 

I got confused as I saw an "Eb" label on some preset and I thought I was missing some sort of detune feature.

Is it your understanding the simple pitch or Whammy are polyphonic?? They do not seem to be. I do miss my Whammy V which was new tech polyphonic and true bypass, great pedal.  The Harmonizer modes on that puppy are to die for. i like the SImple Pitch a lot and the Dual has some cool tones, you can actually make an organ like sound using +1 8va and a lowered 5th. Tracks pretty good and for sure better in the 2.01 but I would not say they are polyphonic tracking. 

Nope, you have to create the detune function to get what you want, but beware some can be good and some can be klunky.

IFAIK, none of the pitch shifting options in the Helix is polyphonic - and some people on this forum have certain issues with the quality of those that are included.

I think for my needs they are O.K. I did  the "Eb" switch thing as a novelty effect, the dual has some useful tricks by shifting each channel just a few cents to get some of those old style Eventide Harmonizer chorus/thickening type tones, (+ or - 10 or 12 cents per side) which I like.

I found that one shifter model which works very much like the one in my old, and well loved rack mount Yamaha SPX 90, which was mucho simple but worked a treat.

Oops! Much like the pitch shifter - we are drifting a little off topic here.

Experiment, enjoy and have fun.

Main thing with the Helix is the amp modeling and the IR ability. If I need a better level of effect I will just loop it in. I just remembered that new little DWN&UP pedal from TC, does up and down two 8vas and is polyphonic and is only like $130 That can give you a much truer 12 string thing and organ like tone. 

I was not expecting a lot on the front end effects and was not planning to do without pedals for a lot of that. The Amps, IRs, a few back end effects plus the cool output and loop features and I am totally happy. I was impressed that they did give a good try and upgrade over the POD front end stuff. What ever the Helix lacks is an easy loop out to something but the amp modeling is fantastic and that was the price of admission for me. Everything else is added bonus.