Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Next Firmware Update For M20d?

Not to be picky, but it's not 'due', really. None has been announced, and Line 6 has no obligation to release any updates.

Typically, however, Line 6 does periodically release free firmware updates to its products as a bonus for users. And usually the announcement comes when the release is available. So I expect that if one is in the works we'll only hear about it when it's ready.

Sliverhead... your statement is more accurate than mine. :)

'Due' was the wrong term to use.  I was just wondering if there were any bug fixes that people were either expecting or hoping for.  I agree that firmware updates that add new functionality could be regarded as a bonus.  However, bugfixes (if any are required for this product) are probably less of a bonus and more of a necessity.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure there are bug fixes that people are expecting and hoping for, and I agree that they should be fixed. But whether or not Line 6 is planning a release soon, or at all, is not something users typically know about in advance. I think we wait and hope, and in the meantime continue to enjoy a great piece of gear despite a few bugs.

I guess as Linesixty asked the question, and we talk of bugfixes, I guess this is the best place to start discussing what bugfixes are needed.

I guess if enough users of the M20D inform Line 6 of there issues then the better. Line 6 will then be more likely to put out new firmware.

Its also not just bugfixes though. There is a discusion relating to the media player and whether it is up to the job in its present software format. I guess if enough owners/users of the M20D suggest better ways then it will improve the mixer for future owners, and it will be even more saleable. So if they make improvements which include added bonuses for new owners/users then quite rightly they are able to pass this on to existing loyal users as ourselves.

Its a great mixer, and I know that it can be even better with software upgrades. All of us want these added bonuses I guess and if Line 6 decided not to bother with firmware upgrades it would be a shame.

I bought the mixer for the fact it could grow with the times with new software. It would be a shame if Line 6 didnt do anymore.....I'm already excited about the prospect of another one in my head!!! (and no Ive not been sniffing the glue on the Line 6 speaker grills!!!-refering to another topic)

I'm of two minds on this; for one of course we all would like to see new goodies and improvements to our invesment and I'm no different, the prospect is exciting.  On the other hand, I can't call it a shame if no updates come or even be remotely disappointed in this product.  Every time I go to a gig and fire up this system and get amazing pristine sound, it's hard to express disappointment - especially since it's performing it's prime function above and beyond any competition in the price range and probably far above the price range.  So I kind of try not to expect anything but I'm quietly hopeful.

All that said, if Line 6's track record is anything to go by, I'm confident they will continue to try to improve and support the M20d just as they have with all of their other gear.

• Upvote 1

litesnsirens  I concur with exactly what you say....your right 'shame' is probably not exactly the right word, its an amazing piece of gear and I love using my M20D (got a great band gig tomorrow with brass too!!!)....and like dboomer states I don't think we will be disappointed.....if no updates came out I'm still extremely happy with my investment. I just think with new software technology still rapidly growing the possibilities for even more updates are an awesome prospect.

• Upvote 1