Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 500-HDx connection question

alhart21

My boyfriend just bought the 500 HDx and wants to:

Connect the pod to the mac

Be able to download patches or presets and then import those patches/presets ONTO the pod

My job is to make sure he has all the tools he needs to do that. Does he need any extra cords or connectors or anything to do that or does everything come with the pod? I know nothing about this stuff and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The HD500X should have come with a USB cable; that's all that's necessary to do what he wants. If it is a used device and did not come with the cable no problem - it uses a standard USB printer cable.

He will also need to download and install the HD500X Edit program from this website (see Downloads button at top of this page). Also at the top of this page is a link to the Customtone site where many HD500X compatible tones/presets can be found. Download presets from Customtone to the computer, load them into the Edit program (a simple drag/drop operation), and use the Editor's SEND feature to save them to the POD device.

AMEN to that.

Yes. That really needs to be the first step. This can be a plug-and-play device, depending on what you want it for. But most people NEED the manual. There's a lot of stuff you need to know.

I sort of forgot about that in my previous post. 

Oh, and, there are 4 or 5 different manuals manuals you need.