Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Out of the Box

tonyzubo

Make sure you use decent monitors before you give up on it... It was underwhelming using the aux in on my JS-10......  Also, if you're playing acoustic or nylon strings, make sure you change them (mine hadn't been changed since 1948.)

(I don't know about electric guitar, though....)

:)

That said, it now sounds fricken' gorgeous...

Upgrade to the very latest firmware and everything before you do anything.

Learn to make your own patches and you'll get the most from it.

Always separate your amp and cab, don't ever use the amp+cab stuff.

Drink lots of fluids.

Excercise regularly.

Wear clean underpants.

• Upvote 1

Upgrade to the very latest firmware and everything before you do anything.

Learn to make your own patches and you'll get the most from it.

Always separate your amp and cab, don't ever use the amp+cab stuff.

Drink lots of fluids.

Excercise regularly.

Wear clean underpants.

Words to live by  ;)  Don't forget to do a global reset per the firmware release notes after your firmware upgrade.

Lol!

I found dropping a Looper Block early in the Signal Path allowed me to capture what I wanted to hear, and then allowed me to step through each of the Amp Block Models, Cab Models, etc.

Very easy to Drop in 2 Amps and Cabs and Bypass them to iso the differences.

The Helix DSP are dedicated one each to each Signal Path! Don't be reluctant to use both of them.

Splitting the Signal Path and using different Helix Cab Blocks on each split of the Path, really improves the sound! Particularly if you change up the Mics, Positions, Early Reflections and Tones of each Cab.

The Factory Presets are merely examples. Use a New (empty) Preset of your own recipe!

Depending on your Guitar's Pickups enabling the Global Guitar In Pad (Default is "Off") can improve results. Same applies for the Input Block's Impedence Setting (Default is "Auto").

What was a great discovery for me, and may be of interest to other Helix Users, is that Helix has a Studio Tube PreAmp located in the PreAmp > Mic Models List!

The Studio TubePre may be placed in Helix's Signal Path(s) as a Block, once, or several times, and can be just as useful for Guitars as for Mics! Try it positioned early in the Signal Path.

I found that this was not apparent when looking at Helix Product features on Line 6's website nor on HelixHelp.com's Amp features listings, as neither site lists the separate category of PreAmp Models. On the Helix units, the PreAmps category is sub-divided into Guitar, Bass, and Mic.

• Upvote 1

What was a great discovery for me, and may be of interest to other Helix Users, is that Helix has a Studio Tube PreAmp located in the PreAmp > Mic Models List!

The Studio TubePre may be placed in Helix's Signal Path(s) as a Block, once, or several times, and can be just as useful for Guitars as for Mics! Try it positioned early in the Signal Path.

I found that this was not apparent when looking at Helix Product features on Line 6's website nor on HelixHelp.com's Amp features listings, as neither site lists the separate category of PreAmp Models. On the Helix units, the PreAmps category is sub-divided into Guitar, Bass, and Mic.

That's what I was looking for, as a nylon string guitarist.  Sounds great!!

That's what I was looking for, as a nylon string guitarist.  Sounds great!!

Yup! The Studio Tube Preamp can make a noticable difference. And, it can be useful several places in the Signal Path.