Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix compatibility with guitar learning software MyMusicTeacher

Fusionfred

Hi guys,

Until now, I've been using an audio interface with BIAS / Guitar Rig type of softwares to records my tracks. Since Helix got out I just dream about that rig, saw an incredible amount of video pointing out how awesome it is. I fell in love with the sounds and its possibilities and I am more than willing to buy one but I have a last question before jumping in the arena.

My guitar skills are not over the top and thus, I still use software such as Mymusicteacher to improve myself. I plug my guitar in the interface and its detected by the software, allowing me to get a live feedback on my play. Does anyone know if Helix is compatible with this software ? If plugged in USB does it takes the role of an audio interface ?

I'd like to infuse my all rig with Helix and that would be the absolute comfort !

Thanks for taking the time, cheers guys.

Fred.

Hi guys,

......If plugged in USB does it takes the role of an audio interface ?

Yes. When connected via USB Helix becomes your computer's sound card. All audio coming from your computer will be heard through the Helix outputs, mixed with your Helix-generated guitar signal.

^what they said^

Works like a charm on both Mac and PC. You can also connect to iPhone/iPad via USB with a USB>Lightning adapter. 

You will no longer need an audio interface. With the Helix, you can also plug in another instrument in the AUX input, as well as a mic in the dedicated mic input.