Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x factory reset

Parkeasy

Can anyone give me a step by step tutorial on how to factory reset my POD HD500X. the tuner and the looper have stopped working. I tried to update with line 6 monkey. I would rather just start fresh because I think the update is corrupt.

I had to do this yesterday because the looper playback volume went almost silent. I couldn't find any recommendations for my problem online and I called a certified line 6 repair shop and he suggested I get a new pedalboard because my motherboard has gone bad....well I didn't like that answer. I found the directions for a global reset and gave it a try. So far, to my satisfaction, it has worked!

Have the POD power OFF and remain disconnected from your computer. Plug the power supply in while pressing the "LEFT" button on your directional pad. When it starts back up, hopefully your problems will be gone! Best of luck

Can anyone give me a step by step tutorial on how to factory reset my POD HD500X. the tuner and the looper have stopped working. I tried to update with line 6 monkey. I would rather just start fresh because I think the update is corrupt.

There is no factory reset. 

You can only reflash the firmware. 

The jabroni that said "pressing left" is not doing a factory reset. That is something else. 

And while it may have solved his problem, and is something you can try, and many do it after a flash - it is not the "factory reset" procedure.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, brex781 said:

I bought my HD500X used and would like to restore it to original factory setting. Any way of doing this? Sorry for hijacking the thread.

pianoguy gave that answer...reflashing the firmware is the only way to get back to 100% back to factory.

But, just in case... 

If you want the "original" settings, you aren't going to get that from Monkey. 

Monkey only gives you the most recent firmware. You will need to download the original from the L6 website. 

for the 500x https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=5531 

for the 500 (not original, but is oldest available) https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3608

• 4 months later...

I have a odd situation. I use the monkey but, it sundely apeared "UPDATE FLASH", and whem i conect the monkey it just does not work after I Update the flash memory. 
I repeat many times this procces but inst work. 
While I update the flash memory, show in my pedalboard the frase "UPDATING FLASH", but after i reconect the power cable (thoso precious five seconds), nothing happen! 
I want some help! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

If by Factory Reset, you mean all user presets removed AND back to the factory-installed firmware, you need to reflash the firmware using Monkey.

If you just want it back to the factory tone presets, but keeping the latest-installed firmware (which is what you SHOULD do if you're selling it), simply unplug it, hold down the left arrow, and plug it in, continuing to hold down the left arrow until the A1 preset appears on the screen.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:00 PM, SixStringFlyboy said:

If by Factory Reset, you mean all user presets removed AND back to the factory-installed firmware, you need to reflash the firmware using Monkey.

If you just want it back to the factory tone presets, but keeping the latest-installed firmware (which is what you SHOULD do if you're selling it), simply unplug it, hold down the left arrow, and plug it in, continuing to hold down the left arrow until the A1 preset appears on the screen.  

None of the reset suggestions work anymore. Turning on while pressing left arrow DOES NOT take you anywhere. Line 6 Monkey DOES NOT work with latest versions of macOS. Total dead-end here!!

On 5/2/2023 at 8:56 PM, zetravassos said:

None of the reset suggestions work anymore. Turning on while pressing left arrow DOES NOT take you anywhere. Line 6 Monkey DOES NOT work with latest versions of macOS. Total dead-end here!!

All of the suggestions still work. Or, at least, the correct suggestions still work. Some of them were dead wrong 5 years ago, they didn't work then and won't work now. The correct ones work just as much today as they did then.

But you having issues with compatibility between old and new devices is a separate issue, and it is unrelated to anything previously posted.