Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Found a bad clipping bug

erikwt78

So took along time to figure this issue out, seemed like for no reason i was receiving unwanted distorting/clipping through the headphone jack, 1/4" & XLR outputs. As you can imagine, clipping is a horrible issue to have with a machine like this.

Turns out the Bit Depth & Sample Rate in "Vintage Digital" delay was giving me the problem. In order to eliminate the clipping, Bit Depth has to be on 24 and Sample Rate has to be on 48- basically making it a fairly useless "vintage" delay. And even still, there's still some clipping. Having those two settings adjusted down makes the clipping much much worse. 

It used to be my favorite delay but for some reason, I believe after one of the updates, the clipping started.

Anyone else have that issue?

Either way, hope I was able to help some of you.

So took along time to figure this issue out, seemed like for no reason i was receiving unwanted distorting/clipping through the headphone jack, 1/4" & XLR outputs. As you can imagine, clipping is a horrible issue to have with a machine like this.

Turns out the Bit Depth & Sample Rate in "Vintage Digital" delay was giving me the problem. In order to eliminate the clipping, Bit Depth has to be on 24 and Sample Rate has to be on 48- basically making it a fairly useless "vintage" delay. And even still, there's still some clipping. Having those two settings adjusted down makes the clipping much much worse. 

It used to be my favorite delay but for some reason, I believe after one of the updates, the clipping started.

Anyone else have that issue?

Either way, hope I was able to help some of you.

They added the "Headroom" parameter on this model to deal with this. Just increase it until the clipping goes away.