Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Craig_T

Hi,

Hope someone can help...

I recently bought a variax 500 - no problems with the guitar, powers fine by battery.

The problem is that the A/B box does not supply power to the guitar. I suspect its because I have the wrong adapter - can anyone please confirm if its likely that?

Symptoms:

Plug in and the 1/4" and XLR lights operate fine

Power lamp on the right does not illuminate.

Plug in the guitar - no signal through to amp.

Plug in guitar with battery - signal is fine.

The adapter I got with the guitar: INPUT 230v ~/ 50hz/ 100ma and OUTPUT 5.2v=/ 1200ma

I have seen that the line 6 power supply has a higher rated output - INPUT of 230z ~/ 50hz / 150mz and OUTPUT 9v=/ 2000ma 18va

So, am I correct in thinking that the power supply I have is, at 7v output, just not hot enough and I need to buy an appropriate replacement?

Many thanks!

Craig

• 3 years later...

I have the XPS A/B on my pedalboard, along with the boat anchor power supply (see photo).  I would love to get rid of that power supply if there is some other way to power the switch from eg a Cioks 7 power supply that I can use for the rest of my pedals.  Is there a solution that does not require that boat anchor?

IMG_3628.HEIC