Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help, M20d Will Not See Sd Card

This is my first attempt to record.   I have a Sansdisk, SDHC 32 GB card, formatted to FAT32.

The M20D  will not recognise it at all.  In record mode the lowest folder level shows my USB drive (for the media player) but not the SD card.

Ive rebooted, reformatted etc...

any ideas?

Me again...

So I have been able to use an oldish USB stick to run a playlist, but no other devices are recognized. When the SDcard is plugged in there is no reaction from the M20D..no icon and no access in the record menu.

I tried a USB disc drive and got the same result. I haven't tried the PC connector at this point.

I have V1.2 loaded, and all other functions are behaving.

It's looking like a hardware fault of some kind.......

Hi, 2 things:

have you tried navigating to the root of the SD in order to see your Folders in the file explorer of the M20d (suggesting your SD Card will show up in the file explorer)?

Have you tried another SD Card? Windows is very forgiving regarding to faulty cards, in opposite of other devices like cameras or in this case the M20D, if you can put in another card, which is also not recognized it´s most likely a hardware issue of the M20d. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I had the same problem. What helped me was format the SD card in my Panasonic Camera (in my PC it did not help). After inserting card in the camera it suggested to format the media card. ...and at works like before. Later I just deleted the extra folders the camera created after formatting (SD 32GB, Class 10).

• 7 months later...

I see many posts about issues with SD cards. I am having he same issue. Are there any other solutions?

I have tried multiple cards, formatted to Fat 32, no card icon appears. Even on cards that I have used i nthe past.

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same problem (USB not showing in the recording screen), I think I found where the problem comes from.

It came to my mind that it was happening because I created my setup from an existing one, then "saving as".

So I recreated the same setup from scratch this time and now my USB is showing when I go in the recording screen.

It looks like a bug happening when you "save as".

I hope this helps others.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Joecaster has the winning advice on SD card issues.  I've noticed that scene availability changes whether you're in setup or performance modes.  It was a pain to rebuild a scene I had working, but, the new one recognizes the card.  This problem crashed my birthday jam, but, at least I have an answer.  Also, the other big revelation is that recording is all about the Trim levels only.  Pass these two tips along to save all headaches.