Jump to content
brettchinery

2.8 issue - fading in and lower volume

Recommended Posts

Hi - updated to 2.8 last night and all seemed to go ok - However, once I loaded in all of my presets and then scrolling through my own presets I noticed some odd behaviour - there seems to be like a fade in of volume when switching patches and then the patch doesn't sound quite as loud as it should - if I hit the button again then it goes back to normal - it seems to do it intermittently and not every time

 

Anyone else getting this ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you restart the unit after you loaded your presets?

 

You need to restart and wait the presets to be rebuilt. After that it should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PierM said:

Did you restart the unit after you loaded your presets?

 

You need to restart and wait the presets to be rebuilt. After that it should be fine.

 

Hi - did a re-start with re-build and it still does it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brettchinery said:

Hi - updated to 2.8 last night and all seemed to go ok - However, once I loaded in all of my presets and then scrolling through my own presets I noticed some odd behaviour - there seems to be like a fade in of volume when switching patches and then the patch doesn't sound quite as loud as it should - if I hit the button again then it goes back to normal - it seems to do it intermittently and not every time

 

Anyone else getting this ???

 

Take a look at the global settings for the expression pedal that controls your volume(EXP 2 by default). Your previous global setting may have been reset such that the volumes are changing from preset to preset in a different manner than your previous setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, check the gate. Mine was up higher (on some patches) than I remembered setting it before the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I saw a comment on TGP about slow patch changing. It was cured by forcing the Helix to rebuild presets at power-up. That's holding switches 10 and 11 on the floor/LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, william5849 said:

I think I saw a comment on TGP about slow patch changing. It was cured by forcing the Helix to rebuild presets at power-up. That's holding switches 10 and 11 on the floor/LT.

 

Good tip thanks but this should be happening automatically once the Helix has been restarted after loading prior version presets. I wonder if the same effect would have been achieved if the user had just restarted the Helix. Gonna jump over to TGP and look for these posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the exact same issue.  It had nothing to do with the expression pedal position.  But I may try the preset rebuild trick that William suggested.  Now that I think of it I don't think my helix did a patch rebuild.   Usually after an update or a restore from back up it builds the presets but then does it again the next time you turn on helix.   I don't think that happened this time. I'm hopeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reporting back that performing the forced patch rebuild (footswitches 10 and 11 on start up) did not resolve the issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having the exact same issue, I updated to 2.8 yesterday, did the patch rebuild, and just noticed this today.  Thought maybe I had the guitar or helix master volume down.  Nope.  Patch volume fades in, and is much lower then previously.  I have gigged with this setlist many times and have spent much effort on patch volume.  Something's amiss.

 

**EDIT:  Known bug.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this same issue. I have called in twice to support and they act like it is all me and they have never heard of the problem. I have tried all of the above, and redone the update. Nothing changes. After 3 years of service I am now done with Line 6. If would simply be HONEST and admit there is an issue and they are working to resolve it I could accept it. Instead, I have had to put it on the shelf cause I can't have this happening every weekend live. I can't even sell it cause it is basically unreliable.

So far, the Kemper Stage has been head and shoulders above with no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nick-O said:

I have this same issue. I have called in twice to support and they act like it is all me and they have never heard of the problem. I have tried all of the above, and redone the update. Nothing changes. After 3 years of service I am now done with Line 6. If would simply be HONEST and admit there is an issue and they are working to resolve it I could accept it. Instead, I have had to put it on the shelf cause I can't have this happening every weekend live. I can't even sell it cause it is basically unreliable.

So far, the Kemper Stage has been head and shoulders above with no issues.

 

the latest update has fixed the issue for me - all good now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, Nick-O said:

I have this same issue. I have called in twice to support and they act like it is all me and they have never heard of the problem. I have tried all of the above, and redone the update. Nothing changes. After 3 years of service I am now done with Line 6. If would simply be HONEST and admit there is an issue and they are working to resolve it I could accept it. Instead, I have had to put it on the shelf cause I can't have this happening every weekend live. I can't even sell it cause it is basically unreliable.

So far, the Kemper Stage has been head and shoulders above with no issues.

 

What brettchinery said - I'm on 2.82 and the issue disappeared with that upgrade. It was a transient bug, nothing more. Imo you are costing yourself the use of a good unit for no reason... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×