Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sending a PC command (on occasion) with HX Stomp

AnEscapeKey

Hi,

New HX Stomp user here! I'll try to ask this question as clearly as possible....

I know that there is an option to tell the HX Stomp to send a PC command when calling a preset to external midi devices. I was wondering if you could set specific PC commands, depending on WHICH preset you activate? 

I have a Soleman midi controller (4 footswitches), with many many songs already programmed. Out of 50 songs in our set, maybe 30 need a specific set of presets (combinations of drive pedals, delay/reverb and modulation), and those are already programmed in my Soleman with song sections (verse, chorus, bridge, etc.). The rest of the songs are more "generic" tones, for which I typically use a general set of presets that get me through many songs that "fit" these tones. 

Now, I would like to create a preset on the HX Stomp for each and every song we play, and have it send a PC message to the Soleman ONLY when I want it to recall the "panel preset" that I already previously programmed. Which would give me greater flexibility and more swtiches to control my other pedals that are midi, but not in the HX Stomp (SA Nemesis, SA Ventris, Whammy 5).

Please help. This has been spinnning in my head for days now.....! 

Ps. My other solution was to do it the other way around, with the Soleman calling presets on the HX Stomp, but it'd mean that I would have to do a lot more programming, and it's not ideal, I think.

HX Stomp only sends the PC# that corresponds to the Stomp preset - 01A = 000; 01B = 001; etc.

IIRC, it will even send that PC# when the preset is called from an external midi controller, so if you go with plan B, you'll likely want to turn OFF MIDI PC Tx.

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

HX Stomp only sends the PC# that corresponds to the Stomp preset - 01A = 000; 01B = 001; etc.

IIRC, it will even send that PC# when the preset is called from an external midi controller, so if you go with plan B, you'll likely want to turn OFF MIDI PC Tx.

going back to what you said... i know it sends PC# corresponding to the preset number on the Stomp but... you have the option to ALWAYS send a pc# or NEVER send anything. Correct?

You cannot decide for which presets it will actually send a PC?

3 minutes ago, AnEscapeKey said:

going back to what you said... i know it sends PC# corresponding to the preset number on the Stomp but... you have the option to ALWAYS send a pc# or NEVER send anything. Correct?

You cannot decide for which presets it will actually send a PC?

All or nothing. Disable MIDI PC Tx for nothing.

There's a gadget called a "BOME Box" that goes between a controller and a controlled device. It can be programmed to intercept a MIDI message and transmit whatever you want instead. You might look into that.