Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with the POD GO Tuner?

buford

Greetings fellow musicians:

I was the recipient of one of the first kidney beans. years ago followed by  the HD300 and just received my Pod Go yesterday.   my existing pedal board with my acoustic guitar has a Boss TU-3 Tuner that works great.  I am now starting to play my electrics and hope to incorporate the POD Go in my set up this summer/fall when we can resume playing live.  

I have had this cool new toy for a day now and perplexed regarding the onboard Tuner.  How in the heck do you know when  the string is exactly in tune.  I can never get it to land on the line, just close  either flat or sharp.    1) Any trick to using this?  2) has anybody relied on this in a live setting? or do I need to add another Boss TU-3 to this?  Help?

I've found it to be super sensitive, myself, but the result is an impeccably tuned guitar. Wait for both arrows to light up and you're in tune. You don't have to have the floating indicator exactly center. Its almost impossible to accomplish that dead center and OK as long as it's close and with both arrows lit. You probably are aware but try to tune to flat and tune up to the correct tune for best results. 

Amgradmd,

thank you so much.  yes, I always tune up and I fiddled with it more last night. I am more worried about playing  live using the tuner so was ready to pull the trigger on another TU-3, but. based on your  feedback I just need to get used to it and it should be fine live. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 1:43 PM, silverhead said:

Don’t forget that the tuner comes in 3 flavours. Experiment by turning in knob 3 when the tuner is active to see which flavour you prefer.

Well DUH!!!  I never knew that the tuner was adjustable.  Thanks!!!