Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Shuriken in Canada

aa0300

I am trying to find a Shuriken SR270 in Ontario, Canada, however it seems no-one has them in-stock and do not know when they will get a new stock. Does anyone know if line 6 is shipping new models to Canada?

2 hours ago, aa0300 said:

I am trying to find a Shuriken SR270 in Ontario, Canada, however it seems no-one has them in-stock and do not know when they will get a new stock. Does anyone know if line 6 is shipping new models to Canada?

You've got two problems...

1) This is a niche product with a tiny market share, and there just aren't that many of them floating around out there (relative to the rest of the world's electric guitars), even on a good day.

2) There are no more good days, lol. Most of the world was shut down for months...and everybody is out of guitars, of all shapes and sizes.

Check out the link below, posted on YouTube just a few days ago...Taylor has less than 1000 finished instruments in their warehouse for the entire planet, and they've got more orders than they can fill. This is unprecedented for them, and given recent events, certainly not unique to Taylor.

It's gonna take considerable time for everyone's production to catch up... and that's assuming we don't all get locked down again for some extended period. Welcome to the new normal...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6E4OywRLUX4

On 6/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, aa0300 said:

Honestly I don’t think it will ever be a “stock item” up here in Canada. When I ordered mine I inquired with Long & McQuade (who also owns Yorkville, which distributes Line 6 for Canada) and was told straight up the Shuriken was considered a special order item. 25% down (which amounted to just over $500) just to have them place the order. Also, if I didn’t like the guitar and returned it, 25% restocking fee (buh bye deposit). 

Ultimately I did order it though but it took a little over 3 months for me to receive it. As @cruisinon2 has said with this whole pandemic thing, I expect you could easily tack a couple of extra months on to my 3 month time frame. It’s a fantastic instrument and I’m glad I purchased it but patience is definitely key.