Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using a foot switch as an indicator “on-off “ status?

bartpuglise

43 minutes ago, bartpuglise said:

I’m using a expression pedal set up for an Auto-wah effect. Is there any way to activate a foot switch that would indicate on-off status only??

I would like to be able to visually confirm the wah effect is on or off

Don't think so,  at least not without also assigning control of the block to that same footswitch. But the block itself already indicates what state it'sil in anyway...when it's lit up the effect is on, grayed out and it's off. That's as good as its gonna get.

6 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Don't think so,  at least not without also assigning control of the block to that same footswitch. But the block itself already indicates what state it'sil in anyway...when it's lit up the effect is on, grayed out and it's off. That's as good as its gonna get.

I tried that but the footswitch overrides the pedal switch.

13 minutes ago, CraigGT said:

I tried that but the footswitch overrides the pedal switch.

Which was precisely my point... you can't assign the same effect to multiple places simultaneously. If he wants a footswitch to light up when an effect is engaged, then he has to assign it to the footswitch in question... obviously creating a problem when one wishes to control said effect with the expression pedal.