Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please 6 Block free!!!!

dadaunpa

It's not a question of 'blocks', it's a question of processing speed.  Some effects are nearly free (ex; EQ uses like 0.5% CPU or whatever) vs some effects will cost 50% of the Pod Go's DSP, because they require a lot of processing.  That's why sometimes you can't even use the 4 blocks if you chose an expensive amp or effects.

What you could ask for though is dynamic # of blocks.  So that if you're using low cost effects, that you could use as many as you have the processing power left.

• Thanks 1

Hi! Thanks

I understand the Cpu problem.

But for example: if i use with acoustic guitar, don't need to use Amp o Cab.

so i would prefer to use two reverbs or other instead of amp to use less cpu.  Or if i go to an amp (hardware) i can turn off all simulations to save cpu.  In fact, when the dsp is too loaded it lets you load only some effects.  I would like the same freedom.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, grdGo33 said:

It's not a question of 'blocks', it's a question of processing speed.  Some effects are nearly free (ex; EQ uses like 0.5% CPU or whatever) vs some effects will cost 50% of the Pod Go's DSP, because they require a lot of processing.  That's why sometimes you can't even use the 4 blocks if you chose an expensive amp or effects.

What you could ask for though is dynamic # of blocks.  So that if you're using low cost effects, that you could use as many as you have the processing power left.

I think you're spot on - allowing us the choice to use the whole processing power is exactly what I've been after and have asked line 6 about.  But it's not what they designed Pod Go to do.  On 7/5/20 Line 6 posted on this board and said:

I'm not a sales guy, but three things should be noted:

• If our models were less sophisticated, more blocks would fit in the same DSP (like older PODs)
  • If our product were a lot more expensive, we'd put a second DSP in and provide additional block locations (like Helix LT)
  • As it is, we've attempted to give people the biggest bang for the buck without sacrificing sonics. If another affordable box gives you more simultaneous blocks, it's not because it's more powerful; it's because the models aren't as sophisticated. AFAIK, POD Go has the most powerful SHARC in its class.

However, I suspect (and this is of course something Line 6 will never admit to) is that if they made Pod Go 'too good' so that the 'gap' to Helix/LT/Stomp is reduced, then it could impact on the sales of those units.  It still doesn't answer why Pod Go couldn't have had 1 or 2 more extra blocks other than Line 6 reconfirming that Pod Go was never intended to provide full dynamic DSP.