Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will Sonicport Work With The Mini Ipad Retina?

vampire18

I have been reading contradicting posts on the matter, so I would love if anyone can help me out.

I am looking into buying the SonicPort and using it with my iPad retina(64bit, retina, 7.04)for practice with Mobile POD and recording with GB. Can I buy it safely and rest assure that everything will work as expected?

Here's what it says on the SonicPort product pages of this website, so I'd say the answer is yes.

Sonic Port works with:
  • iPod touch (4th and 5th generation)
  • iPhone 5
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4
  • iPad (3rd and 4th generation)
  • iPad 2
  • iPad
  • iPad mini

Sorry - I was too hasty and did not understand the detailed specs of your iPad. It probably won't work since the compatibility specs mention neither the 5s nor the Air. I don't think anything has changed since the time of the thread you refer to.

I see... And there is no information on when are they planning to add such support? I have stumbled on to this page completely by mistake, I think its a bit misleading that they don't at least put a little star saying it doesn't support the latest generation of devices, as I, and probably anyone, would assume it does.

......, I think its a bit misleading that they don't at least put a little star saying it doesn't support the latest generation of devices, as I, and probably anyone, would assume it does.

Maybe. but assuming anything that's not stated would be a mistake. Manufacturers (not just Line 6) declare what IS supported, not what isn't. It's pointless and probably impossible to always maintain a current list of what isn't supported.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...