Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quesion about Helix native

djsfdale

Hi everyone; I use HELIX NATIVE it on my Mac (with Logic Pro X) and it's like a year old, I installed it when i bought the Helix Floorboard. Is is it worth UPDRADING my HELIX NATIVE SOFTWARE??!! Will I lose the Preset Sounds I use/ have on my Logic Projects? Any guidance appreciated and thanks!

Yes it is worth upgrading. Make sure you use your current version of Helix Native to back up any presets you want to keep, just in case. Upgrading should not lose anything but it’s always best to have backups.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, djsfdale said:

Hi everyone; I use HELIX NATIVE it on my Mac (with Logic Pro X) and it's like a year old, I installed it when i bought the Helix Floorboard. Is is it worth UPDRADING my HELIX NATIVE SOFTWARE??!! Will I lose the Preset Sounds I use/ have on my Logic Projects? Any guidance appreciated and thanks!

Definitely worth upgrading although you didn't mention what version of Native you are on.  If you have been keeping your Helix up to date, not updating Native will be a recipe for having issues if you try to trade presets back and forth between the two. It is generally a best practice to keep your HX Edit, firmware, and Native versions in synch.  Hopefully that will eventually become part of the new more comprehensive updating process in HX Edit or be a similar process incorporated into Native.

Btw, if you haven't made one before you can backup Native by clicking on the gear icon in the lower left corner of the Native plugin and clicking 'Export Bundle' on the 'Presets/IRs' tab. As you may already be aware there is no 'Create Backup' command in Native. As mentioned in the previous posts though the upgrade should maintain your current setlists.

Btw, while you are there , if you have not checked it in a while you may want to take a look at the 'Hardware Compatibility' tab as well which has some interesting options. 

7 hours ago, djsfdale said:

Will I lose the Preset Sounds I use/ have on my Logic Projects?

I have been using HX Native in Logic regularly since 2016 - never encountered any issues like that.

Upgrade every time a new version appears.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1