Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - 4 Cable Method & FX Loop at same time

alegrevers

Hi all,

I would like to know if is possible to use 4 Cable Method & FX Loop at same time on the HX Stomp. Anyone have tried this? What do I need to do this? I always have to change my cables when I'm playing in different places, so I want to let the connections ready and just plug the cables, more specifically, I'll use 100% of time my pedals on the FX Loop (cuz I use it after a comp), and when I need to use the 4 Cable Method, I just want to plug the cables to and from the amp.

Kind regards

Gabriel

Get an Insert Cable:

AmazonSmile: Hosa STP-201 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Insert Cable, 1 Meter : Electronics

or

AmazonSmile: Hosa YPP-117 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TSF Stereo Breakout Cable : Musical Instruments

Plug the TRS end into the SEND.

In Global Settings>Ins/Outs set Return Type to RETURN.

4CM

The TIP end of the Insert cable is FX Loop L. Plug that into your Amp's Input. Take the Amp's FX Send back to HXS Return L/MONO.

Place FX Loop L Block after ODs/Distortions etc - anything you want BEFORE the Amp's Input.

Add Time based FX - delay/reverb etc. Take your MAIN L/MONO Out to your Amp's FX Loop RETURN.

If you want to use External FX in FX Loop R, take the RING end of the Insert cable (FX Loop R Block) to the external FX INPUT, take the external FX OUTPUT back to HXS RETURN R.

Place FX Loop R Block where you want it.

If an FX Loop Block is ON but there's nothing in the loop, you won't hear anything.

Assign a FS or Snapshot to the FX Loop Blocks' Bypass as required (or have separate presets) to be ready for a show.

Or Bypass the FX Loops manually at show time. Consider separate presets, as doing this (even with FS/SS) on EVERY preset during a show is a PITA!

BEST: use a short jumper between Send/Return when not using the loop.

Be aware that by using both loops you're adding <>4ms of latency. Not a lot, but might affect "feel" if you're sensitive to that.

Also be aware that the FX Loops add a small bit of noise, so not a great idea to put ODs/Distortions in the FX Loops unless you plan to use a Noise Gate or HW noise filter.