Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Model Gallery for Helix systems?

z3albw1rr

Years (decades) ago when the older Line 6 products came out, they had a "model gallery" that discussed each model, what it was emulating and so on.

More importantly, there was often some additional discussion about "secret features" or to make something behave like the original - or not if you didn't want noise - explained what "dry thru" was and so on.

I saw something here a couple of days ago that I actually stumbled on myself almost the same time - that some modulation effects don't have a Mix knob that behaves as wet dry, but 50 percent is "the most effect".

I've not seen anything that tells you which ones do that and which ones don't though...or is it in the manual and I missed it (other than "some effects may..." - I want to know which ones specifically).

Another one I just ran across was apparently the original CE-1 choruses had a dry signal on one side and a wet signal on the other - in stereo. How is this emulated in mono though? Should I pop one in Path B, with path A being dry, and path B being 100% wet in a mono setting to get a similar thing - or do I just set the mix at 25, or wait, 50, or is it 25% - since I'm not sure which one is "50/50 wet/dry" based on the differences in the others).

One of the coolest Drives is the Line 6 Drive (or maybe Line 6 Distortion) that has a Mid knob that'll move it from more of a Fuzz to more of a Metal Zone - it's a really nice feature but how would new users learn about this?

Even dshowmusic and helixhelp which are two of the most common results in searches don't have as many details - but is there some document out there by Line 6 that tells us more - like the old model gallery books did?

I fully agree about those early Line 6 manuals and pilot guides, they were really great reads that were very informative. 

Besides the Helix Help site & the Big Book of Helix mentioned already I have found this thread to be helpful along the journey. 

https://line6.com/support/topic/19961-helix-amp-model-gallery-real-controls-vs-invented/

• Upvote 1

Very much along a similar line to Helix Help is this one - check it out.

https://www.fluidsolo.com/patchexchange/view-models/Distortion-Pedals,d

Also, if you wish to reacquaint yourself with the old school manuals with the “Model Gallery” section, you could check out these pdf docs for the PODxt Live, Model Packs and GearBox available here:

https://uk.line6.com/support/manuals/podxtlive/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1