Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LT died at the gig last night

patdixon

LT version 3.01 - I've never had a problem in 4 years. Last night before sound check I went to tune my guitars & no signal through the tuner or anywahere else. Did the usual process of elimination stuff (cables, power down/unplug) etc. nothing. Ended up using my old X3L that I always carry as a backup which wasn't pretty. 

When I got home I tried using a return block and that worked so it smells like hardware or an input block bug. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Maybe a silly question, but is there any chance that I could've accidentally turned the gtr input off (global commands, etc) and that it would transfer over when I did the restore from backup? I don't think so- I've scoured both HX Edit Pilot's guide & LT User manual and I can't find a way to turn it off (or even change from "multi input to gtr only). Just making sure- I don't want to buy a new one or try to fix the old one if it's just a switch turned off. 

FWIW I put a 1K waveform into the gtr jack and with a scope I can see the sine wave at the tip output connection, then through the first coil. That's as far as I can go without a print. Don't believe it's a bad jack. 

Thanks,

On 6/22/2022 at 1:01 PM, patdixon said:

Maybe a silly question, but is there any chance that I could've accidentally turned the gtr input off (global commands, etc) and that it would transfer over when I did the restore from backup? I don't think so……

You’re right. No chance of that being a global affect. You can choose a non-guitar input for any and all presets but you’d need to do it manually for each. Hope your support ticket yields a good result for you.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:43 PM, patdixon said:

Thank you Silverhead. It's been three days with no answer and I know they're probably backed up but I tried to leave no stone unturned as it were before I gave up. 

3 days without a reply isn't good, maybe you've heard back since then but at the very least you need an acknowledgement.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:56 AM, Paulzx said:

3 days without a reply isn't good, maybe you've heard back since then but at the very least you need an acknowledgement.

I got an answer yesterday - he told me to take it to a service center. I bought another one (I'll use this one as a backup using return 1 in). I always thought I'd need a good backup so even though an expensive option I think it's the best one, since I diagnosed it past the input jack. I get why they don't share prints but I could've fixed it with one. 

I appreciate all the help & responses.