Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is the name of the online editor I need to download?

357mag

I'm thinking strongly of ordering a Helix Rack and trying it out. I have already downloaded the newest drivers. Now I need to download the PC Online Editor.

What is the name of it? Do I download Helix Native? Or is it HX Edit? Those are the only two choices.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:11 AM, 357mag said:

I'm thinking strongly of ordering a Helix Rack and trying it out. I have already downloaded the newest drivers. Now I need to download the PC Online Editor.

What is the name of it? Do I download Helix Native? Or is it HX Edit? Those are the only two choices.

Really?

What would be the point of installing drivers without the hardware?

You do realise that to cannot use the Editor software without the hardware being physically connected.

I have replied to your other equally odd post.

After reading this - I think can smell a Troll in here.

Installing HX Edit is pointless without the Hardware.... you can install it, but it won't load without hardware. 

Of course, you can download and install the latest version in preparation for your new hardware.... you just can't use it. 

You can download a trial of Helix Native if you would like to see what you can expect from the Helix family, but Native will require a DAW in order to use it. 

• Upvote 1

You can also download and fully explore Helix Native using a free VST Host (should you not have a DAW). With Helix Native's Hardware Compatibility set for Helix Floor/Rack/LT, you will see the actual features and DSP constraints that you might encounter in the actual physical Helix Rack unit.

Helix Native is available as a fully functional Free Trial download. Once you purchase a Helix unit, you will be entitled to a significant discount on the price of Helix Native to $99 USD. At times during the year, Line 6 puts Helix Native on sale at an additional discount bringing the price down to about $70 USD. If you like the software, wait until one of those sales to actually buy the software (after the two week trial expires).