Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.50 Update / Windows 11

sh4rkbyt31

On 11/13/2022 at 10:20 PM, sh4rkbyt31 said:

When trying to update Helix, Windows 11 UAC is stopping it. Helix doesn't even show up on my computer as existing even though it was previously installed months ago. I have tried disabling UAC and even that doesn't prevent it? Stuck here on 3.15 without hope.

Are you using HX Edit? That's how you're supposed to run the update.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:20 AM, sh4rkbyt31 said:

When trying to update Helix, Windows 11 UAC is stopping it. Helix doesn't even show up on my computer as existing even though it was previously installed months ago. I have tried disabling UAC and even that doesn't prevent it? Stuck here on 3.15 without hope.

Are you sure the UAC is stopping it or causing the problem? 'Memory Integrity on Win 11 has been causing issues. Try going to Windows 11 settings 'Device Security' --> 'Core Isolation' and turning off 'Memory Integrity'. 

Disclaimer: Make sure you have security in place as turning 'Memory Integrity' off is at best a stopgap solution.

Get a good backup. If you haven't already downloaded and installed HX Edit 3.50, do that first and try to upgrade the firmware to 3.50 from within HX Edit. If that doesn't work got to the link below and try using the Line 6 Updater instead.

• Upvote 2

Where I'm at:

Tried several times on Windows 11 with UAC off. Didn't change anything. Went to a Windows 10 computer and turned AV, Windows Defender and UAC off, it started and got about 1/4 of the way through and popped up an error, again. Used a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate and same thing, however I could revert back to 3.15 on the Windows 7 laptop, which I'm in the process of doing again for the fifth time having tried to force the 3.50 Update several times to no avail.

All total at least 20x now using various renditions of Windows. 

I'll try using Windows 7 with HX Edit>Update and see if that works since it's the only version that seems to be acting correctly. If that doesn't work I'll go back to Win 11 and try the same thing. I appreciate your response immensely.

I'll also try the post you attached.

Where I'm at now:

Reloaded 3.15 successfully. Tried to Update through HX Edit, failed immediately on Windows 7. Tried it again on Windows 10, created a Backup and then tried to Update. At 1% it also failed. 

At this point I'm frustrated and tired @ 3:57am. Then there are the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 issues. 

Windows 11 computer, all USB 3.0., Windows 10 and Windows 7 laptop, USB 2.0 which is what I'm trying to use since I think 3.0 doesn't always work yet it worked when I initially installed 3.15 update in the beginning? 

Heading to bed, I'll pick this up sometime tomorrow, maybe. ^%#@* me.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:01 AM, sh4rkbyt31 said:

Where I'm at now:

Reloaded 3.15 successfully. Tried to Update through HX Edit, failed immediately on Windows 7. Tried it again on Windows 10, created a Backup and then tried to Update. At 1% it also failed. 

At this point I'm frustrated and tired @ 3:57am. Then there are the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 issues. 

Windows 11 computer, all USB 3.0., Windows 10 and Windows 7 laptop, USB 2.0 which is what I'm trying to use since I think 3.0 doesn't always work yet it worked when I initially installed 3.15 update in the beginning? 

Heading to bed, I'll pick this up sometime tomorrow, maybe. ^%#@* me.

Just for the sake of clarity UAC is not the same as the 'Core Integrity' setting. If you are doing the install from Windows 11, be sure to turn that off per my initial post.

Also, don't load HX Edit "3.15". Instead download and install the latest HX Edit 3.50 version. Now update the firmware from HX Edit 3.50 if you can.

If the firmware update still doesn't work, that is when you go to the link I posted with @SaschaFranck's detailed instructions on how to use the Line6 Updater. Hang in there, you will succeed. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thank you Honest Opinion, yes I'm aware that Core Integrity and UAC are two different things. Previously when I was trying to update to 3.15 originally back in February, UAC at that time was an issue that took a little while to figure out.  I had assumed this time (or hoped at least) it would have been the same thing. No such luck lol.

I'm pretty sure I had loaded HX Edit 3.50 at one time and tried to update but if not I'll be sure to try that again as well as turning off the "memory integrity". 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Ok I finally got back to this. Work has been getting in the way of my hobby.

I shutdown my Memory Integrity in Windows 11.

Updated Helix Native to 3.51 (latest) on my computer, started my Helix Floor to update and it reads out v3.15 on the start screen then goes to "Boot Failure".

I tried to follow the instructions someone else had on another post for this situation > Download Line 6 Updater, then Flash Memory (which doesn't exist?). I cannot find "flash memory" anywhere and if I start Line 6 Updater it merely says Select Device to Update with no options available?

Voila SUCCESS!!!!

The first time I tried to run Line 6 Updater in Update Mode or Safe Boot it stopped halfway through and read on the Helix Floor screen "Update Message Never Started".
Then it went back into "Boot Failure".

Second time it worked like a charm and I now have 3.50 :). 

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help and advice HonestOpinion :) !!!

I may try to update to 3.51 but I'm going to play with my win right now and enjoy 3.50 for the moment lol.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:10 AM, sh4rkbyt31 said:

I may try to update to 3.51 but I'm going to play with my win right now and enjoy 3.50 for the moment lol.

Hi,

FYI, The firmware for your Helix unit remains at v.3.50, BUT, HX Edit and Helix Native have been updated to v.3.51 to fix certain bugs!

It is advisable to update those 2 items.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

From the Release Notes:

HX Edit 3.51 Release Notes

HX Edit 3.51 (released November 29, 2022) includes bug fixes and additional improvements, and is strongly recommended for all users. This update applies only to HX Edit and Helix Native software; there is currently no
3.51 firmware planned for Helix and HX hardware.