Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gain Mod toggle even work? (3.50)

redkurn

I've toggled between a few pedals on their gain switches and power, nothing seems to really change or at all...

Are these broken?

Forgot to mention the clipping mode, most apparent to me the heir apparent and the new pillars pedal which I do hear some difference depending on how much gain the amp model is using.

I have no issues with any gain/overdrive/distortion blocks on my LT.

Everything sounds and works exactly like it used to... I just have a few new options to explore when I have the time. 

Keep in mind that an update often resets global settings.

If you don't follow the update recommendations of "backup/global reset/restore" you could be in for some surprises. 

• Upvote 1

My global settings are the same as always and I followed the update instructions 100%, I am referring to the pedals specifically such as the heir apparent which has toggle switches in hx edit or pillars which has a clipping mode.

These don't seem to change anything for me, I hear no difference in the clipping on the pillars, no difference between setting the heir apparent overdrive/boost/distortion.

On 11/30/2022 at 4:07 AM, redkurn said:

My global settings are the same as always and I followed the update instructions 100%, I am referring to the pedals specifically such as the heir apparent which has toggle switches in hx edit or pillars which has a clipping mode.

These don't seem to change anything for me, I hear no difference in the clipping on the pillars, no difference between setting the heir apparent overdrive/boost/distortion.

Hi, 

From your profile it appears that you are fairly new to the Helix (HX Stomp XL), which makes me ask,

"When you say that you cannot discern differences between the Heir Apparent Overdrive, Boost and Distortion settings, do you mean that you could previously hear something change and now you can't, or is it a situation in which you have just tried these effects and find it difficult to hear a difference?" .

The reason I ask is because, the tonal differences can be somewhat subtle unless you know what to expect. Here's a video about the Heir Apparent effect and its settings. check it out and if possible follow along from the video (@6.40) and create the same signal chain to see and hear the changes in tone. Note: The Heir Apparent block in my Helix floor works exactly like the one  in this video.

If your HX doesn't create the same tone then there maybe a glitch in your updated firmware.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

guess i'm reinstalling 3.50... mine do not seem to change as much as his, before i could hear some change, i'm not using as much gain however and i previously had a floor, but my friend gigs so i traded it to him since i didn't need so many options for being a somewhere between beginner and intermediate and just coming out of the metal only stage. XD

that's the odd thing it's while making a new preset.