Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tuner on all inputs

denitronik

On 12/10/2022 at 3:54 PM, denitronik said:

Anybody else interested in having the possibility of using your Helix tuner (Stomp, StompXL, LT ...) on every inputs of your device?

I would find that very useful on my Helix Stomp XL when I'm using the return inputs for another guitar.

Hi,

That's interesting to know, because I didn't realise that this option wasn't available on the smaller units.

My helix floor tuner accepts inputs from Multi, Guitar, Aux, Variax, Variax Mags, Mic, Return 1, 2,3 and 4, Return 1/2, Return 3/4, S/PDIF, USB 3/4, USB 5/6 and USB 7/8, but I guess that's what you pay for with the bigger box. Possibly size constraints are the reason it's not part of the HX units.

You really need to post this request to IdeaScale.

As there are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of it been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any  new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

You should use this thread to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

https://line6.com/support/topic/14497-helix-ideascale-community-submissions/

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 12/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, denitronik said:

Thanks datacommando, I didn't know this works on an Helix Floor. It sure does not on my Helix Stomp XL.

Unfortunately I cannot post in ideascale, everything is greyed-out (read-only). Maybe because I am a new here.

Hi,

Hmm…? Something very odd going on with the IdeaScale at the moment, because a couple of people have reported that they had found that trying to “upvote” a suggestion did not register. In fact, trying to vote brought up this message:-

Community is set to Read Only. Any update operation is not allowed.

I’m not sure what is going on there, and I’m not even sure who should be responsible for the maintenance of that site. I will have a scout around for any other reports of this issue and see if I can find a way to report this situation. Thanks for advising the current status.

On 12/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, datacommando said:

My helix floor tuner accepts inputs from Multi, Guitar, Aux, Variax, Variax Mags, Mic, Return 1, 2,3 and 4, Return 1/2, Return 3/4,

I just want to clarify this a little...

With the bigger units the options are there, but there is no real "all input" option. MULTI only includes guitar input and variax... you have to choose the others independently and no other input works on the tuner when you do unless a recent update has changed that. 

But yeah, I just picked up a stomp as a backup and I don't see any way to even choose a return for the tuner. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:58 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Hmm…? Something very odd going on with the IdeaScale at the moment, because a couple of people have reported that they had found that trying to “upvote” a suggestion did not register. In fact, trying to vote brought up this message:-

Community is set to Read Only. Any update operation is not allowed.

I’m not sure what is going on there, and I’m not even sure who should be responsible for the maintenance of that site. I will have a scout around for any other reports of this issue and see if I can find a way to report this situation. Thanks for advising the current status.

Could be the product is on its EOP ramp (which would be expected after almost 9 years), and they are just wrapping things up.

On 12/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, PierM said:

Could be the product is on its EOP ramp (which would be expected after almost 9 years), and they are just wrapping things up.

That would be a very good point, but the same message occurs if you try to upvote anything in the Catalyst, or POD/Firehawk sections of IdeaScale. As the message states “Community is set to Read Only” it would seem to be throughout the site. The “Contact” menu button at the bottom of the page simply gives an email link to <sdevino@line6.com> which I intend try now.

EDIT:

My email to the listed contact was bounced by the mail sever as undeliverable - very efficient!

Edited by datacommando
Removed Attachments
  • Upvote 1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, datacommando said:

That would be a very good point, but the same message occurs if you try to upvote anything in the Catalyst, or POD/Firehawk sections of IdeaScale. As the message states “Community is set to Read Only” it would seem to be throughout the site. The “Contact” menu button at the bottom of the page simply gives an email link to <sdevino@line6.com> which I intend try now.

EDIT:

My email to the listed contact was bounced by the mail sever as undeliverable - very efficient!

EA55410F-E93F-4F0A-9729-CF4AFCE63D49.png

Steve Devino was one of the guys managing the ideascale, and also Product Manager at L6.

...the mystery deepens...

image.png

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:29 PM, PierM said:

Steve Devino was one of the guys managing the ideascale, and also Product Manager at L6.

...the mystery deepens...

image.png

Not really a mystery - according to his status on LinkedIn, he left Line 6 way back in 2015, that explains the failed mail.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevendevino/

Same old, same old in here. They just don’t care - maybe time to visit TGP or Facebook.

• Sad 1

On 12/13/2022 at 2:56 PM, datacommando said:

Not really a mystery - according to his status on LinkedIn, he left Line 6 way back in 2015, that explains the failed mail.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevendevino/

Same old, same old in here. They just don’t care - maybe time to visit TGP or Facebook.

Sigh.

Just dropped a message to Frank L.

Let's see if he's aware, or he doesn't care. XD

• Upvote 1