Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.5 Stereo presets

TheMobbs

I have some stereo presets I purchased that I absolutely love. They were before 3.5. The only problem is the limited DSP because the 2 amp/cab setup takes up so much. Any tips for adjusting these with the 3.5 so I can add more pedals? Does a patch/preset like that automatically get more DSP now? I'm not the most technically sound guy with the Helix but am hoping to get better.

Any tips or answers appreciated!

On 2/4/2023 at 2:06 PM, Schmalle said:

With 3.5 the IR blocks use significantly less DSP. If the presets use IRs you automatically get that benefit after updating to 3.5.

If the presets use the (now legacy) cab block you can switch to the new cab block which also use significantly less DSP.

I had not heard that the new cabs use a lot less DSP (or don't remember hearing it; a more likely scenario). I must revisit some of my patches.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:41 PM, brue58ski said:

I had not heard that the new cabs use a lot less DSP (or don't remember hearing it; a more likely scenario). I must revisit some of my patches.

Hi,

Line 6 made a big thing about how good this was and the Release Notes state the new cabs and IRs now use 66-80% less DSP.

Guess you will have to revisit the patches - because not only do the save on DSP, they sound good.