Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Exported Presets from Helix LT (Firmware 3.50) using Helix Edit 3.52 can't be imported into Helix Native 3.52

rizzy

Hi,

not sure if this has been mentioned already somewhere. I tried to import a preset from Helix LT 3.50 into Helix Native 3.52 and Helix Native responded with 'unknow error, code [-1102] and crashed the DAW. This does not happen with Helix Native 3.51 or 3.50.

Your versions of HX Edit and Helix Native are incompatible. You need to upgrade your HX Edit and Helix LT firmware to v3.52 in order to export the LT preset in a formate compatible with Helix Native v3.52. Or you could downgrade your Helix Native to v3.51 where, as you note, the presets are compatible.

• Like 1

• rizzy changed the title to Exported Presets from Helix LT (Firmware 3.50) using Helix Edit 3.52 can't be imported into Helix Native 3.52

Thanks for your reply, silverhead. Apologies for not being clear - in fact, I'm running Helix Edit 3.52, the LT runs on Firmware 3.50. Is there a 3.52 Firmware for the device ? I thought 3.50 is the latest.

On 4/16/2023 at 7:03 AM, rizzy said:

I tried to import a preset from Helix LT 3.50 into Helix Native 3.52 and Helix Native responded with 'unknow error, code [-1102] and crashed the DAW. This does not happen with Helix Native 3.51 or 3.50.

Any chance your presets include bass amps? Presets I've made with bass amps crash Helix Native on Windows (don't know about the Mac). Line 6 is aware of this and will likely have a fix soon.

I'm not sure if any other modules crash Native, but if the bass amps can, perhaps some other modules can as well. But I haven't experienced problems other than with the bass amps.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:19 PM, craiganderton said:

Any chance your presets include bass amps? Presets I've made with bass amps crash Helix Native on Windows (don't know about the Mac). Line 6 is aware of this and will likely have a fix soon.

I'm not sure if any other modules crash Native, but if the bass amps can, perhaps some other modules can as well. But I haven't experienced problems other than with the bass amps.

Yes, it's a preset for bass and includes a bass amp. Ok, that explains it. Thank you for the info, Craig.

On 4/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, surfsup1955 said:

Saw this post and went to check for the 3.52 update for my Mac (Logic) and there is none.. 3.51 is still the latest.  

Only posting as an fyi.

Hi,

To clarify:- The 3.52 update for Helix Native is specifically for Windows users, and fixes an issue that some people had with an SD card causing the Plugin to crash, or fail to launch correctly.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1