Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can firmware be downgraded(3.6 back to 3.5)?

davidalbro

Hello to the community. I just updated my Helix to 3.6 and am having a major issue with snapshots not working correctly. In hopes of troubleshooting, can I downgrade back to 3.5? I'm not sure if the issue is new as I just started trying to use snapshots with the 3.6 update. Sometimes(and all too often) when I click on a button(Helix foot controller), either nothing happens, or the sound changes, but the newly selected footswitch does not light up. If I switch to another preset, snapshots may work fine for that reset, but as soon as I return to a troubled preset, snapshots quit again(but not 100% of the time). I know the switches are fine because if I change the Helix settings back to 8 presets(no snapshots), all presets recall properly every time in several banks(all that I checked).

Since you are new to snapshots I suspect the issue is that you are not yet using them correctly. There is no change in snapshot behaviour from v3.5 to v3.6 so I don’t think there’s any benefit to downgrading. Let’s work instead on getting your v3.6 snapshots to work properly.

What you describe may be normal behaviour depending on your Global Settings for the display (8 presets, 4presets/4 snaps, 8 snaps, 10 stomps, …). We need more details to help you. You say that in the 8 presets Display setting everything is working fine. Can you describe exactly what you feel is not working in another display setting? Note that in Stomp mode you can arrange to have a footswitch select a different preset or a different snapshot - not just turn an FX block on/off. Also, are you sure you are assigning parameters to the Snapshot controller correctly?

This sounds like you either did not do a factory reset, or the patch you are using is an older one and needs to be rebuilt. I think some older patches can't (or won't) be rebuilt. That would mean you will need to redo the patch. So.....did you do a factory reset after you updated? If you haven't, backup all of your patches before you do and then do the factory reset. Hold down buttons 9 & 10 (bottom row, middel 2) while powering the Helix on. Then restore your patches and power cycle the Helix. It should start the slow process of rebuilding the patches that need rebuilding.