Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Command Centre coming on during playing

Paulzx

Hello All,

I mentioned this a while back when RD2RK helped me out understanding how to program command centre, but the problem persists!

So no issues using command centre or programming it. I've used it multiple times on presets to create a nice pedal board when in stomp mode. However, occasionally but not every time, when in stomp mode and playing, the display will suddenly jump into the command centre window and it's doing it randomly on more than one preset - so it's literally as if I have pressed a button to access command centre halfway through playing a song.

It doesn't affect any of the pedal board selections or patches, it's just the display, so you end up pressing the home button to get back to your standard signal chain display. It's just very annoying, knowing it shouldn't happen.

I wondered if anyone else had seen this issue also?

On 6/28/2023 at 1:17 PM, Paulzx said:

Hello All,

I mentioned this a while back when RD2RK helped me out understanding how to program command centre, but the problem persists!

So no issues using command centre or programming it. I've used it multiple times on presets to create a nice pedal board when in stomp mode. However, occasionally but not every time, when in stomp mode and playing, the display will suddenly jump into the command centre window and it's doing it randomly on more than one preset - so it's literally as if I have pressed a button to access command centre halfway through playing a song.

It doesn't affect any of the pedal board selections or patches, it's just the display, so you end up pressing the home button to get back to your standard signal chain display. It's just very annoying, knowing it shouldn't happen.

Hi,

Along with most of the regular contributors to these threads, we stand by the theory of - when weird and unexplained stuff happens, perform a factory reset.

Can’t say that I have ever seen anyone else post about this, so if the factory reset doesn’t clear the “glitch”, it may be wise to contact Customer Support and see if they can offer a solution.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:17 AM, Paulzx said:

Hello All,

Do you happen to be playing barefoot or in thin socks?  I have that happen due to the capacitive touch on the buttons.  Super random, but if that's what it is you can turn that off in the global settings.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/28/2023 at 8:17 AM, Paulzx said:

Hello All,

I have personally seen this!  I gave my complete backup to another guitarist.  He then overwrote my global settings with his old ones.  Not exactly sure what it was, but for him, that menu kept popping up -- I saw that in person.  It was resolved by me taking his Helix and overwriting global settings with my own again.  Problem was solved. 

You most likely have your global settings from a previous firmware version....?  Try to reset the global setting and recreating it.  Or if you have your current global settings, just overwrite it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/28/2023 at 2:13 PM, toddkc said:

Do you happen to be playing barefoot or in thin socks?  I have that happen due to the capacitive touch on the buttons.  Super random, but if that's what it is you can turn that off in the global settings.

Not barefoot but yes to socks.. I will look into this!

On 6/28/2023 at 4:54 PM, theElevators said:

I have personally seen this!  I gave my complete backup to another guitarist.  He then overwrote my global settings with his old ones.  Not exactly sure what it was, but for him, that menu kept popping up -- I saw that in person.  It was resolved by me taking his Helix and overwriting global settings with my own again.  Problem was solved. 

You most likely have your global settings from a previous firmware version....?  Try to reset the global setting and recreating it.  Or if you have your current global settings, just overwrite it. 

Ah well this is a good clue then. But we don't know what settings in the globals are causing it? What's the easiest way to do this - factory reset, install latest firmware, install backed up presets without global settings etc?

• Upvote 1

If you have a FS set to send a CommandCenter function (vs simple bypass or parameter change) it will do that if you have Global Settings>Footswitches>Stomp Select set to TOUCH or TOUCH AND PRESS and you're playing barefoot or in thin socks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/28/2023 at 12:37 PM, rd2rk said:

If you have a FS set to send a CommandCenter function (vs simple bypass or parameter change) it will do that if you have Global Settings>Footswitches>Stomp Select set to TOUCH or TOUCH AND PRESS and you're playing barefoot or in thin socks.

oh!  that guitarist was also wearing socks!  darn.  maybe that was it!!! 

On 6/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, theElevators said:

oh!  that guitarist was also wearing socks!  darn.  maybe that was it!!! 

I've cured it, I just put the biggest pair of shoes on I could find!  I'm kidding of course lol I need to check those global foot switch settings

when I get back home