Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native - How do I bring this to Line6's attention...

someone89a

This is the single greatest FX system of all time. Easily. But I have had a poor experience with support recently and I want to make sure the following issues do not fall on deaf ears:

ISSUE 1 - PLUGIN UI TAKES TOO LONG TO OPEN OR CLOSE

This isn't the most dire bug, but its a bug ONLY found in Helix Native - no other plugin does this. It takes a very long time to open/close the UI plugin window. Which can get reeeeeaallly annoying on big sessions.

"Whenever opening and closing the Helix plugin interface in any DAW or OS - it takes about 2 seconds to load or close the UI. This can cause extreme lag spikes if multiple windows get opened at once. This only happens in Helix Native - no other plugin."

SUPPORT'S ANSWER: Refuses to acknowledge fault and sidesteps the issue.

"You can either open and close each plugin window individually or have them all open in the background  
(also check the "always on top" setting)  
but opening 10 instances at once will take some time and having the open all at once  
There are functions like Freeze which can help when using only some plugin instances  
FL Studio is not tested with Helix Native, but with 10 Helix Native instances you will probably have similar results in all DAWs"

Keep note of "FL Studio is not tested"

ISSUE 2 - CRASHING WHEN MOVING EFFECTS BLOCKS AROUND IN FL STUDIO

SUPPORT'S ANSWER: "FL Studio is not supported"

"Helix Native is not tested in FL Studio unfortunately we cannot support using it there: 
https://line6.com/support/page/kb/recording/helix-native/helix-native-faq-r866/  
if available in your DAW you can try both, the VST2 and VST3 version (VST2 needs to be selected via Customize during installation)"

This is false, following the link support provided sent brings me to this image: 

Screenshot 2023-07-19 192426.png

"Imageline FL Studio - 12 or above - VST3"

This was then marked as "assumed answered".

ISSUE 3 - MACRO MAPS CAN BE LOST UPON RELOADING AN ABLETON LIVE SET

SUPPORT'S ANSWER: Potentially caused by compatibility issues with VST3 and Ableton Live. 

I switched DAWs not long afterwards so could not continue testing. Ableton has a poor track record with keeping their software stable and smooth since I first started using it with Live 9 - so I don't doubt that this time the fault is on Ableton... But a similar bug can be found in Bitwig:

In Bitwig, sometimes macro mappings stop responding if the software is left on for too long or the computer is put to sleep whilst Bitwig is running. This only effects certain effects blocks such as momentary effects like ratchet, and the pitch units. I used Bitwig for live shows, so this is a pretty major issue. One which actually caused a big hassle in our last two gigs... However I haven't reported this bug - reproducing the problem is pretty difficult as its very much random.

THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN REPORTED, NO WORD BACK YET
FL STUDIO: Sometimes loading a project with Helix causes error codes 8201 and 8207 and stops Helix from working.

I just want SOMEBODY to acknowledge these issues! Give me actual support and help.
I'll do any form of beta testing or debugging or anything... But these are not insignificant issues and they become extremely troublesome if running a live show or doing complex multitrack recordings.

I have been using Helix native for 5 years now (since 2019). I can't live without it honestly. But I just want a stable and smooth piece of software. I worry that my bug reports never actually reach the dev team. When the support is saying things that are blatantly false (like FL studio isn't supported - then links me to a page where it says it IS (plus I have checked there is a wayback machine backup of the page in case)), I lose faith in the communication and support for this product...

I have read many stories of people being very happy with Line 6 support and technology on this forum - and I don't doubt for a minute that they really were - but mine have not been good. I want to be reassured that this plugin will work correctly, and I also want to aide in ironing out bugs that harm the user experience.

So many of my tech problems over the last two years have been centred around Helix, so it's hard to trust the product to work in important situations like live use or for actual paid production work to a deadline.

I just felt the need to make my feelings known. I don't like to criticise people unfairly, or to make things seem like a bigger problem than they are - but I'm really frustrated at this point. And also kind of sad.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:43 PM, someone89a said:

I just felt the need to make my feelings known. I don't like to criticise people unfairly, or to make things seem like a bigger problem than they are - but I'm really frustrated at this point. And also kind of sad.

Hi,

Don’t really want to increase your sadness about this issue, especially on your first post, BUT this is a user group - there are no Line 6 staff here, and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”). 

Hope this helps makes sense.

• Upvote 2

On 7/19/2023 at 10:36 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

Don’t really want to increase your sadness about this issue, especially on your first post, BUT this is a user group - there are no Line 6 staff here, and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”). 

Hope this helps makes sense.

Hi

thanks for the clarification -

In which case I'll expand my question to include - has anyone else been having these issues? I can't be alone in this?

And also - whats the best way to get in touch with line6 regarding this? 

• someone89a changed the title to Helix Native - How do I bring this to Line6's attention...
On 7/19/2023 at 6:09 PM, someone89a said:

There are two main ways to get in touch:

- the support ticket system. You’ve already done that.

- Ideascale.com is a mechanism that Line 6 uses to solicit ideas for product improvements. Register there, find the Line 6 section,  and submit your feature requests.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2023 at 11:09 PM, someone89a said:

In which case I'll expand my question to include - has anyone else been having these issues? I can't be alone in this?

Hi,

Further to your expanded question, I cannot say that l have been made aware of others with your specific issues. Also, bear in mind that this part of the forum is for the technical problems with the Helix hardware devices, Helix Native has it’s own dedicated support forum - once again strictly a user group, but haven’t seen it mentioned there either (it’s a low traffic area in comparison).

Find it here. https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

As for contacting anyone who may be able to resolve your current problems using Native, then the places to check are the dedicated Facebook Helix group, and the Digital and Modeling Gear section of The Gear Page. I suppose you could try to take it right to the top, as TGP especially is a place known to be frequented by certain members of the management of Line 6.

Although you appear to be quite upset with the issues you are encountering, you state that you have been using Helix Native for 5 years, it might be a little late in the day to raise a complaint, especially as you seem to be the only person to mention it.

Hope this helps/makes sense - and good luck.

I understand the feeling; when these things happen and you dont get the answers you were expecting, it can be annoying.

Said that, Im also a long time Native user (no FL Studio tho), and I dont remember any of these problems in both Windows and MacOS platforms. Plugin opens as any other similar plugin (I wouldnt compare the time needed to open a Valhalla plugin with the time needed to open Native - for example...That's quite a big difference). Also no issues with VST3 and Live 10, nor 11. It's true Native requires more time than other plugins to be closed, this is something I have in any DAW. Always been like that since early versions, could be something related to its memory management, but yeah, never been a big deal for me. If you wait for Line 6 to rework their code to improve the unload timing, you'd probably get old. I'd try to reorganise my workflow to avoid too many load and unload of Native during a session if waiting few seconds to close it's something you can't deal with. :) 

Keep in mind Native has a busy UI, so there is some GPU work behind it. It needs extra cycles to render all that interface, and I wouldnt be surprised to find that your issues are related to that. Try updating your GPU drivers, and if you are using a double GPU system, check you are running DAWs with the powerul GPU available.

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:20 AM, datacommando said:

Further to your expanded question, I cannot say that l have been made aware of others with your specific issues. Also, bear in mind that this part of the forum is for the technical problems with the Helix hardware devices, Helix Native has it’s own dedicated support forum - once again strictly a user group, but haven’t seen it mentioned there either (it’s a low traffic area in comparison).

Find it here. https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

Not sure how I missed that - I think its because this is the only "Helix" forum that comes up on the main bar

As for contacting anyone who may be able to resolve your current problems using Native, then the places to check are the dedicated Facebook Helix group, and the Digital and Modeling Gear section of The Gear Page. I suppose you could try to take it right to the top, as TGP especially is a place known to be frequented by certain members of the management of Line 6.

Worth a try maybe - thank you

Although you appear to be quite upset with the issues you are encountering, you state that you have been using Helix Native for 5 years, it might be a little late in the day to raise a complaint, especially as you seem to be the only person to mention it.

Oh I'm not worried about getting money back. I just really want the bugs ironed out.

And being the only person to bring up these issues just makes it more important to me that the issues are heard - I've encountered these issues across 3 different computers - over 5 different VST hosts. It's hard to balance being fair and calm with how utterly frustrating it is for me. Mainly because it's never the same bug twice - it's always something new or wacky happening with it.

But I'll try to put a post on the Native forum. Although I'll be honest I'm a little worn out with even trying

Said that, Im also a long time Native user (no FL Studio tho), and I dont remember any of these problems in both Windows and MacOS platforms. Plugin opens as any other similar plugin (I wouldnt compare the time needed to open a Valhalla plugin with the time needed to open Native - for example...That's quite a big difference). Also no issues with VST3 and Live 10, nor 11.

That's strange to me as the difference is night and day... is it really just happening to me? That's the sort of thing I would need some help with from support because its a truly different beast when opening Helix Native.

Or maybe I'm just extremely petty and the loading times are fine. But I've noticed them for 5 years so I don't think I'm going mad...

Keep in mind Native has a busy UI, so there is some GPU work behind it. It needs extra cycles to render all that interface, and I wouldnt be surprised to find that your issues are related to that. Try updating your GPU drivers, and if you are using a double GPU system, check you are running DAWs with the powerul GPU available.

Almost certainly related to the graphics rendering - the audio processing works great - but Helix is noticeably difficult to use sometimes due to the lag. Its not unusable - its just not as smooth as any of its competition.

Having encountered the issues across multiple machines - I'm sure its a Helix thing. The reason I'm so intent on bringing it to line 6's attention is that I feel something is going wrong somewhere on their end of GPU rendering... or if not - something is going wrong when it is running specifically with the machines I have used it on.

Either way I'll post this in the other forum.

Cheers to all of you for the help :)

On 7/20/2023 at 2:07 PM, someone89a said:

Or maybe I'm just extremely petty and the loading times are fine. But I've noticed them for 5 years so I don't think I'm going mad...

Just did a quick video so we can see if we are on the same page (Live 11, MacBook Pro M1). If you watch it, turn on the audio as I slammed the mouse clicks so you can hear when I load the plugin and when I unload it. As you can see it opens pretty much instantly, but it takes some time to close (average 4 seconds or more, just random). Always been like that for me (no difference between Live, or Gig Performer or whatever other DAW I used), so I never felt the need to flag it as a problem to solve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl8ucb5rhzp5gye/Video 20-07-23%2C 14 33 14.mov?dl=0

On 7/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, PierM said:

Just did a quick video so we can see if we are on the same page (Live 11, MacBook Pro M1). If you watch it, turn on the audio as I slammed the mouse clicks so you can hear when I load the plugin and when I unload it. As you can see it opens pretty much instantly, but it takes some time to close (average 4 seconds or more, just random). Always been like that for me (no difference between Live, or Gig Performer or whatever other DAW I used), so I never felt the need to flag it as a problem to solve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl8ucb5rhzp5gye/Video 20-07-23%2C 14 33 14.mov?dl=0

Oh thats certainly a quicker load than I get - but also a much much slower close than I get!

Mine is approx 1-2 seconds both ways. A four second close is extremely drastic I would say.

I was comparing it to AlphaForever - a completely vector drawn modular software - and that takes less than half a second to open or close. uHe Zebra2 is the same.

I made a video too to demonstrate https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MT-iyyIuzPmSijnS16I5ReGEcdgPyqCC/view?usp=sharing

The four second closing time would've driven me mad long ago...

I just get the feeling that something is going wrong in the GPU rendering of Helix Native - 1 second either way is pretty nasty - but a four second close time is absurd imo. I've never had a plugin do that ever. Hence why I think its a bug and one I'm very committed to making sure is known and addressed.

Maybe I am still being petty, but when you're using over 12 instances of helix in a project - it REALLY adds up...

Again, maybe I'm just being obsessive - but I do believe user experience is paramount in music software - that's why you get so many beautiful looking plugins that are utter rubbish.

On 7/20/2023 at 3:19 PM, someone89a said:

Oh thats certainly a quicker load than I get - but also a much much slower close than I get!

It's system dependant, I'm pretty sure about that. And probably it also depends on what's being used into the presets. Who knows.

I've a zen approach to music, so I can deal with that 4 second close. :) 

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2023 at 9:43 PM, someone89a said:

THE FOLLOWING HAS BEEN REPORTED, NO WORD BACK YET
FL STUDIO: Sometimes loading a project with Helix causes error codes 8201 and 8207 and stops Helix from working.

Possible solution re: error codes.

Seek and ye shall find.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 7/20/2023 at 6:39 PM, datacommando said:

Possible solution re: error codes.

Seek and ye shall find.

Hi it does thank you - I searched for the topic using the line 6 support ticket search option and found nothing.

Probably in a similar way to not being able to find the Helix Native forum in the first place.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone else have Native take up like 6gb of RAM on a project? FL Studio tells me what my project RAM usage is - it was 7gb but it turns out all the helix instances had crashed (I had about 6 instances - all bypassed). When I reloaded - this shot up to 13gb... Is this normal? I assume its indexing all the models but does it need to do it for each instance..?

On 7/21/2023 at 12:54 AM, someone89a said:

Does anyone else have Native take up like 6gb of RAM on a project? FL Studio tells me what my project RAM usage is - it was 7gb but it turns out all the helix instances had crashed (I had about 6 instances - all bypassed). When I reloaded - this shot up to 13gb... Is this normal? I assume its indexing all the models but does it need to do it for each instance..?

Six instances of reatime Native without tracks freeze it's just a huge effort you are asking to your system. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:54 PM, someone89a said:

Hi, again,

You really do seem to be having a lot of problems with Native, and I’m not entirely sure why.

I’m studio based and have owned and used my Helix floor since November 2015 as my audio interface to Logic Pro, when my Focusrite FireWire AI was no longer a usable option with my new Mac. I added Helix Native on its release back in August 2017, and this combo is used almost daily, with essentially - no issues.

Anyhow, you may want to read this thread from TGP, which contains some comments from regular contributors to these Helix forums (link below).

Interesting comments from “DunedinDragon”, and also “phil_m”, who mentions his computer running 6 or 7 instances of Native in Reaper along with many other plug-ins. Then “Digital Igloo” (Eric Klein | Chief Product Design Architect | Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg | Cordoba | Guild ) comments that he has run more than 20 instances of Helix in a project on his 2010 MacPro, along with lots of other DSP intensive plugs like Omnisphere, etc.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/is-helix-native-a-cpu-hog-for-you.1954013/

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, PierM said:

Six instances of reatime Native without tracks freeze it's just a huge effort you are asking to your system. 

The biggest problem is they weren't in realtime - all were bypassed...

FL Studio doesnt have a freeze mechanic so what I do to get around that is to set up a single channel with all my Helix instances, then activate the tone I need and record from the output of the mixer channel. I am used to using lots of realtime instances running at once on my MacBook - the CPU usage was never too bad - however I never took into consideration the RAM usage. This could be slowing down everything far more if Helix is eating up RAM for breakfast, or worse, leaking it.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:10 PM, datacommando said:

Hi, again,

You really do seem to be having a lot of problems with Native, and I’m not entirely sure why.

I’m studio based and have owned and used my Helix floor since November 2015 as my audio interface to Logic Pro, when my Focusrite FireWire AI was no longer a usable option with my new Mac. I added Helix Native on its release back in August 2017, and this combo is used almost daily, with essentially - no issues.

Anyhow, you may want to read this thread from TGP, which contains some comments from regular contributors to these Helix forums (link below).

Interesting comments from “DunedinDragon”, and also “phil_m”, who mentions his computer running 6 or 7 instances of Native in Reaper along with many other plug-ins. Then “Digital Igloo” (Eric Klein | Chief Product Design Architect | Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg | Cordoba | Guild ) comments that he has run more than 20 instances of Helix in a project on his 2010 MacPro, along with lots of other DSP intensive plugs like Omnisphere, etc.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/is-helix-native-a-cpu-hog-for-you.1954013/

I really am, and I'm not sure why either - I thought this post would have lots of others going "yeh me too" - but I can't find anyone else anywhere complaining - so this is utterly strange... Hence why I'm saddened by support not really being able to help because it must work fine for so many others.

The CPU hit has never been a big issue - thats actually improved over time as new updates come in - but I worry there might be a memory leak that could be one of the big reasons it slows everything down so much.

CPU is also measured vastly different between different DAWs

Also regarding the error codes I was getting:

I did a reinstall - time will tell whether its worked - but my support ticket regarding this problem to Line6 just disappeared? I didn't close it, it didn't get answered, just vanished...

I assume it was just a bug on their system but it doesn't look good when my biggest complaint has been ineffective support...

I still can't find any plugins that can do what Helix does which means I can't jump ship to another product - so I'm very committed to making sure it runs on my system as smoothly as possible.

I hope none of my bluntness comes across as rude - I'm frustrated for sure but I'm just a very matter-of-fact guy, I don't want to start riling up a fight or something. Knowing that others are having a much better experience than I is reassuring because it means I might be able to get these things fixed. But its also frustrating because my problems might be a real minority and are often hard to reproduce - but they affect me nonetheless.

On 7/21/2023 at 1:10 PM, datacommando said:

he has run more than 20 instances of Helix in a project on his 2010 MacPro, along with lots of other DSP intensive plugs like Omnisphere, etc.

Running 20 or even 30 instances of Native isnt an issue per se, totally true. You will get clipping with CPU load as soon as signals are hitting all blocks involved in each of those istances. I start getting CPU spikes even with just 4 instances...but of course if nothing is being played through those tracks, CPU isnt doing much. And then depends what blocks are being used in each of those instances. With poly pitch for example, things can go bananas pretty quick.

Btw this shouldnt be a problem for normal studio work, where CPU spikes arent big deal, and you could always use crazy high buffers.

I believe OP isnt actually getting particular issues, just asking Native and his system to do miracles. :)

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2023 at 3:07 PM, someone89a said:

The biggest problem is they weren't in realtime - all were bypassed...

FL Studio doesnt have a freeze mechanic so what I do to get around that is to set up a single channel with all my Helix instances, then activate the tone I need and record from the output of the mixer channel. I am used to using lots of realtime instances running at once on my MacBook - the CPU usage was never too bad - however I never took into consideration the RAM usage. This could be slowing down everything far more if Helix is eating up RAM for breakfast, or worse, leaking it.

To me looks your problem isn't Native, but FL Studio. :)

Jokes apart, if the instances are bypassed this will cause a big CPU/RAM spike when you'll turn them on again. Not sure what kind of studio work you are doing, so I cant offer particular suggestions or opinions, but usually I do rather keep all Native instances working, as well as most demanding blocks (like timing blocks, reverbs, delays, pitch etc). I do control both Native instances overall volume (signal mix) and demanding blocks (instead of using bypass I do command their level in the path), via extra controls acting via MIDI, so that I don't create an imbalance in the CPU/RAM when loading/unloading all these elements while working. Also this allow me to keep an eye on the project resource average requirement, avoiding surprises along the way.

But again, I don't know FL Studio and depends what kind of project you are dealing with.

Anyway, have you tried using much higher audio buffers, I mean like 1024 or 2048? This will help with all those plugins being loaded and unloaded all the time.

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2023 at 7:34 PM, PierM said:

I believe OP isnt actually getting particular issues, just asking Native and his system to do miracles. :)

Yes, that would be my guess too.

After many years of previously using reel to reel tape machines, I have been using computers for music making right from the early days of MSX, in the mid 80s, when I had a Yamaha CX5M linked to a Roland JX3P synth via MIDI. Then I moved onto an Atari 1040ST and Steinberg Pro 24 which later became Cubase. These machines loaded the program from a cartridge, floppy disk, or cassette tape with the JX. I realise all this is relative, but if you had ever had to load a bunch of Roland presets from tape before you could start working, then using Helix Native is a breeze.

Even now when I access my Arturia V Collection and KeyLab, UVI Synth Anthology, Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra, or NI Kontakt, things slow down, but I should expect that when I consider what is going on to load these monsters into Logic. It’s a trade off, even with 32 GB available to use. Any computer really requires optimising for video, graphics etc., but even more so for audio production - drive speeds and such like. Defrag and optimise for the fastest regular drives, or SSDs.

Over the years, at some point, I must have have checked out most DAW systems that are available on the Mac - Logic, Cubase, ProTools,Reason, Reaper, Studio One, Tracktion, Ableton, even GarageBand and so forth, but I have never checked out Fruity Loops. As far as I know, Fruity Loops has only recently been made available for Mac, and I have always regarded it as more of a sample, synth and loop based system aimed more at the EDM production market, rather than guitar based music. Maybe I need to do some more research?

It’s just possible that I’m from a world where instant gratification was not built into everything - waiting was part of the game. As things get faster, people maybe expect things to happen instantly - IDK, I’m getting too old for this.

:-)

• Upvote 1

It's a shame this topic has devolved into this...

a. No I'm not asking it to do miracles: I rarely use more the 6 instances at a time

b. I'm running FL on Windows - it's native platform. ImageLine have incredible support and have definitely ruled themselves out as the issue

c. The issue happens across all DAWs I have used - just different issues dependent on the system.

d. I come from a background of using something called the CDP - composers desktop project. you had to wait 2 minutes for a SINGLE audio process to finish. Don't make personal assumptions about me and my workflow.

e. FL is certainly not your classic DAW - but it is fully functional and featured AND officially supported by Line 6. If the only plugin that doesnt work in FL is Helix - it's not FL's fault - it's Line6's

f. FL hasn't been called Fruity Loops for years because they wanted to distance themselves from loop based beat making. It's a fully featured and powerful DAW. Mick Gordon used it for the Doom Soundtrack for heaven's sake. I know the struggles of recording guitar based music in FL - and trust me - it really is a pain - but the payoff is that FL is a powerful software when you want to go beyond classic production techniques.

g. I'm an audio programmer. I build things - tweak things. I know how things should work. 

h. Would you say that 2 active instances of Helix running is asking it to do miracles? Because I wouldnt. And I still have really big issues even with that setup. - Oh, and thats not in FL.

Just like with support - you have ignored my problems and gone "well its not Helix, it must be you".

And yes - I have even pondered that question myself. Am I really pushing Helix that hard...? And after 5 years of using it - no I am not.

Have you thought that Helix could ACTUALLY be acting up on my system?

With this thread I had hoped to rekindle some hope that Line 6 and/or its community could advise me, help me, figure out what is going wrong. But to have the blame pointed at ME?

I'm disappointed.

I wanted all your help and advice. Not this.

I said don't take my bluntness for rudeness. Well - still please don't - I don't intend to offend anyone here - or to assume that anyone here has ill intentions. I don't know, maybe you think you're actually being helpful. But I find it rather rude.

I'm very unimpressed with this now. Support won't help. The community won't help. My problems are mine and mine alone. :(

With no official way to talk to the dev team. With a community unwilling to help. What am I meant to do? Just suck it up?

Maybe I can get over the waiting. For sure. Thats the least of my worries. But I'm overwhelmed by the number of issues I've been having.

Please don't respond unless you have something positive or reassuring to say. Even if its "noone else has these issues - but we believe you are". I'm still open for a thoughtful discussion with other users to see what their experiences are, and to find out how others use this software. But I won't be treated like this. It's simply rude. 

• Thanks 1

Well, just to post my experience. Using native with gig performer as a host, it tales maybe 1 and half second to open the gui of native, maybe closing it as a little faster. My laptop has a i5 gen 10 u series so is not particularly powerful but works fine. But i can relate that native has become more and more buggy, and i think (just my opinion) that there are bugs that only happens in Macs while there are others happening in windows. For example the midi crashing native on the vst 3 version still happens to me even on the latest version. Vst does not have that issue when i use the FBV MKII to change patches. So, probably the solution will be to wait untile line 6 fix this or maybe with any upcoming helix mkii if it happens any time soon

• Like 1

Interesting philosophy.

So spending my time to make a video for you, was rude. Asking you to use higher buffers was rude. Suggesting to upgrade all GPU drivers was rude. Suggesting to not unload the plugins, but to act on their mix levels instead to prevent performance inbalance, was rude. Did you even try any of these suggestions? 

Welcome to my ignore list, enjoy the good company. o/

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2023 at 4:48 PM, someone89a said:

But I won't be treated like this. It's simply rude. 

Oh, dear, oh, dear.

Well, I spent a long time trying to decide if I should bother to reply to your recent diatribe. You really do like to play the victim, don’t you?

Let’s have another look at some of your comments and have a little clarification. I had a trawl through the myriad posts on this forum regarding people having problems with FL Studio. Beside you, I found 2 more - one of which elicited no response, and one other from a guy who had a software monitoring issue. It seems that I was the only person to offer assistance on that one and the guy thanked me for helping fix it. As for you, well you have had several replies both from @PierM and me explaining that we couldn’t find a similar usage problem with our systems and DAWs. PierM even went to the point of creating a video. 

Usually, when seeking assistance from other forum users, it is a great help when troubleshooting to know exactly what computer and operating system you are using. Throughout your posts you have stated things that for us just don’t make sense. You have made reference to various computers and different DAWs, and all this makes things difficult to pin down - to the point you actually state:reproducing the problem is pretty difficult as its very much random.”

I’m not going to go through your list of quibbles one by one, because life is too short! Suffice to say that a software “bug” to actually be a “bug” must be repeatable, creating the same result for everyone on whatever platform. What you are giving us is a string of varying issues that nobody here has been able to find and replicate. O.K. then, here we go - “nobody else appears to have these issues, but we believe you are”.

Furthermore, you say -

“With no official way to talk to the dev team. With a community unwilling to help. What am I meant to do? Just suck it up?”

That’s rather odd, because it looks like a couple of us have been doing quite a fair amount of trying to help you out. It case you didn’t realise - we actually have lives away from here. As for no way to contact the team, I essentially gave you the name and address of the main man behind Helix. Then there is a thing called “email”, and you could Google Line 6 management, or check out LinkedIn to find contact details. It’s not a secret, these people are not invisible. You might like to change your attitude before approaching them.

Looks like you are on your own kid, because I won't be treated like this. It's simply rude.

In my day, whining, whinging whelps were left on windswept, snow capped mountain tops to perish.

• Upvote 1